How do you change Secondary schools in Sheffield

I'd welcome information from anyone who has had to change the Secondary school for their child.

My youngest is performing very well, but experiencing significant bullying from children hell-bent on causing trouble, which the school are unable or unwilling to stop.

He's happy to consider moving schools, but I can't find any literature on the Council website that explains how this should be approached.

If possible, ideally he'd like to trial a different school before committing permanently, but again I don't know if this is possible.

Many thanks for any assistance.

Sorry to hear that your son is experiencing these problems.

I'd suggest contacting the school you'd like your child to go to. First, ask if they have any space in your son's year group. If so, go and have a look around the school, take your son with you so that you can get a 'feel' of what the school is like during the school day. If possible go during lesson time but also get to see some 'free' time such as break or lesson changeover to see what behaviour is like then too.

If you like a school that has a place the school will give you a form to complete to do the transfer.

You can also contact the school admissions service - from the SCC website you can contact them on 0114 2735790 or email [email protected].

I hope your son soon settles into his new school

Edited by Bludragonfly
added phone number

Phone the school up you would like them in first and ask if they have places.

Guest sibon

Some good advice up above, Titanic.

You could also speak with the head of his current school. Sometimes, schools will do a student exchange to give kids a fresh start.

Thanks for the replies all, trying to arrange a meeting with the head to get him moved on a temporary basis.

this is an easy ne to answer. the first thing is to bring back corporal punishment, bring back the cane, make them wear uniforms, stagger lunch times so they are not all out at the same time, do away with half term breaks,, and other breaks cut to 3 weeks in summer, a week at easter. and one week in the spring. I also give something back to kids ad parents start school day's earlier at 8 am and end at 3.30, the big give away it to give all kids a choice of when they take their holiday's I don't know how many day's kids have off a years but there's 42 days in summer and they could stagger them and let parents have a choice when they want to go on holiday. they could take a day off or how many they want, also make lesson's easier let the kids tell the teachers what they would like lessens in maybe English, maths still keeping with the curriculum I submit these reforms to the house mr speaker

Whilst not agreeing to all of cookingfat50 suggestions i believe some of the ideas do make sense. But will probably never happen.