Lowedges slip road

Another two drivers exchanging details this morning. Chalk one more up. :roll:

the cyclists,the ones that pay no road tax,no insurance,often forget to use lights on there bikes,go through traffic lights at red,go on the pavements and weave in and out of traffic,they break so many rules and pay nowt,sorry but why should the poor drivers

have to suffer,catch a bus or jog on that's my opinion folks.

For the umpteenth time there is no such thing as Road tax, it's vehicle excise duty that you pay. The roads are paid for from general taxation, meaning that motorists, cyclists and pedestrians pay for them. I do agree with you though about cyclists having insurance.

the greenhill/bradway tenants association including lowedges believe that it should go back to a filter system as its common sense,but we are talking about a labour council

so forget the publics opinions.

Another two drivers exchanging details this morning. Chalk one more up. :roll:

How many in total now then? Last post on this thread was more than a year ago? Has the accident rate increased on this junction now? Any stats would be useful?

Chalk up one more rear end shunt at this "safer" junction, this one occurred Thursday 8th Nov 7:55 am.

Bear in mind I am one man passing through this junction perhaps once or twice a day and I have seen multiple accidents so over the other 23hrs 50 min a day I am not there, how many accidents have there been in total ?

Perhaps Its time for SCC to admit, once again, they have wasted a shed load of money and have got it wrong. Heaven help us if the crash for cash mob get wind of this lunacy

SCC are not intrested they just waste cash on ideas like this,but cant find £1,500 to help pensioners get a meal once a week for a cooker that's needs to be replaced at our local hall,but we will lobby them,but iam sure it will be everything is going well and our statistic show it was money well spent as they would never admit a mistake,in the meantime lives are a risk with this awfull junction

the cyclists,the ones that pay no road tax,no insurance,often forget to use lights on there bikes,go through traffic lights at red,go on the pavements and weave in and out of traffic,they break so many rules and pay nowt,sorry but why should the poor drivers

have to suffer,catch a bus or jog on that's my opinion folks.

Do you not realise most cyclists are also drivers and therefore pay the same 'road tax' as you?

What if I pay more tax than you? Does that mean you should get off the roads when I wamt to use them?

I pity the people of Lowedges if someone with such an uneducated attitude as yourself is their representative.

Do you not realise most cyclists are also drivers and therefore pay the same 'road tax' as you?

What if I pay more tax than you? Does that mean you should get off the roads when I wamt to use them?

I pity the people of Lowedges if someone with such an uneducated attitude as yourself is their representative.

Bassett one seems to be an individual who gets things done. Every year and throughout the year events are staged on the Lowedges estate and Bassett one seems to be one of the major driving forces in 'getting things done' on that estate.

In life there are the 'doers' and there are the 'talkers'. I think it's fair to say that the success of Lowedges Festival and other events puts Bassett one in the category of a 'doer'.

Of course Bargepole there are plenty of 'talkers' on here.

Bassett one seems to be an individual who gets things done. Every year and throughout the year events are staged on the Lowedges estate and Bassett one seems to be one of the major driving forces in 'getting things done' on that estate.

In life there are the 'doers' and there are the 'talkers'. I think it's fair to say that the success of Lowedges Festival and other events puts Bassett one in the category of a 'doer'.

Of course Bargepole there are plenty of 'talkers' on here.

Great.

In what way does that explain or justify his ill-informed comments about road tax, cyclists, jog on, catch a bus etc?

the honest truth is this slip road is another labour council mistake,why did they not hold a proper meeting and ask the drivers that use it there opinion on this mad idea,its like the meadowhead round about,how many times before they get that right,the labour party were given 1 year out of the last decade a chance in greenhill/beuchief ward to show us what they could do,fact kicked out after 1 year or at first opportunity,and we as a tenants association are still having to sort out the mess they left,cannot even sort out a cooker so a lunchion club can eat hot food,so what chance have we got with a slip road,total disgrace.

I have always thought the solution to the car/cycle cohabitation is blindingly obvious without the need to spend ever increasing amounts of money on ironically named "road improvements". Use the pavements as cycle lanes, I used this "revolutionary" solution all throughout my youth without harm to myself or other users and if anything the pavements are now less populated as more people tend to drive these days. a few tweaks to legislation and away we go.

Cyclists use them all the time now mainly because they are SAFER and they go where they need to go,unlike most cycle lanes. I can see the risk assessment crew will most likely think I'm bonkers but think about it, where lies the bigger risk ?, many heavy fast moving objects mixing with lightly protected slower vehicles on busy roads against much fewer lightly protected vehicles mixing with pedestrians on sparsely populated footpaths.

Check your route to work tomorrow see how many miles of pavement you can see that are not being used. The only difference is the onus of care moves more heavily onto the cyclists and may require them to have third party insurance.

Edited by Wisbech
spelling correction

Great.

In what way does that explain or justify his ill-informed comments about road tax, cyclists, jog on, catch a bus etc?

To return to your original post.

I didn't think it necessary to post

'I pity the people of Lowedges if someone with such an uneducated attitude as yourself is their representative.'

Criticise or attack the post not the poster.