Lowedges slip road

I think the issue was that in its original state there was no issue as motorist could move out and join traffic safely, as per a motorway slip road.

It has now been turned in to a 90 degree give way ( this includes cyclists as well ) causing vehicles to wait for a gap to join traffic.

I know most other junctions operate in this way, but this one worked quite well the way it did.

Exactly! Hence my "why fix something that isn't broken" comment.

OK, I'll say it again: "Because the slip road was dangerous, in relation to the new cycle lane..."

The one where cyclists have to endure the same give way junction?

The one where cyclists have to endure the same give way junction?

The one where cyclists on the main road are safer if side roads join at 90 degrees instead of via a slip road.

the cyclists,the ones that pay no road tax,no insurance,often forget to use lights on there bikes,go through traffic lights at red,go on the pavements and weave in and out of traffic,they break so many rules and pay nowt,sorry but why should the poor drivers

have to suffer,catch a bus or jog on that's my opinion folks.

The one where cyclists on the main road are safer if side roads join at 90 degrees instead of via a slip road.

I understand what you mean but the last time I looked there was no cycle lane coming straight up Chesterfield Road south. Unless one has been put in in the past week.

There is one at a 90 degree angle alongside the new one for vehicles.

the cyclists,the ones that pay no road tax,no insurance,often forget to use lights on there bikes,go through traffic lights at red,go on the pavements and weave in and out of traffic,they break so many rules and pay nowt,sorry but why should the poor drivers

How much "suffering" is occurring because some car drivers have to enter a 40mph road via a normal junction rather than a slip road?

Can you quantify the level of "suffering" on a scale of 1-10, where 1 is finding out the milk has gone off in the fridge but the corner shop is closed, and 10 is an event such as the African famines of the 1980's?

:rolleyes:

I understand what you mean but the last time I looked there was no cycle lane coming straight up Chesterfield Road south. Unless one has been put in in the past week...

It was there before they altered the junction to get rid of the slip road, have look next time you're up there.

well it seems our complaints and safety concerns have fell on deaf ears the council know best yeah right. Theres already been one minor accident at the new junction Tuesday 13th 8.40 nobody hurt THIS TIME

well it seems our complaints and safety concerns have fell on deaf ears the council know best yeah right. Theres already been one minor accident at the new junction Tuesday 13th 8.40 nobody hurt THIS TIME

So all those roads that have the sane design all around the UK are wrong then?

There will always be accidents. How long has this junction been like this? Shouldn't we be giving quite a long time range before establishing which way was safer?

---------- Post added 15-01-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Really good, accurate, well thought out, unbiased, informed opinion.

Cheers bro.

Went past another rear end shunt accident on this new "safer" junction on Saturday afternoon (20th). Watching Buses exit Lowedges Road is a farce.

It really is a step backwards regarding regarding road safety. I never had/saw any problem under the old system and I have lived on the estate a good number of years ( Even before Chesterfield Rd was a dual carriageway).

I am aware of more than one fatal incident that has happened near the gap to enter Lowedges Rd from Chesterfield Road South but those who know best :loopy: never saw fit to close that gap for some reason.

I would be interested to know the vehicle/bicycle ratio using Chesterfield Road South Northbound