Lowedges slip road

same old scc our way only,doesnt matter about anyone else thinks total disgrace,i have not found any of our greenhill taras members or shop keepers or anyone that agrees with this silly idea.

I am sure all the shopkeepers are all experts in transport planning :loopy:

maybe not ,but it does affect them and the post office say its making a big difference to there deliverys.

Actually would be interesting to note any difference to the length of peak time queues both on Chesterfield Rd South and Lowedges Road.

I only go that way evening and Sunday on the 53 bus but the notable difference for buses is the old 'slip road' allowed buses to run direct into the bus stop layby without pulling out into the flow of traffic on Chesterfield Road South first. It also seems quite a tight left turn for a double decker bus to achieve without fouling the outside lane.

maybe not ,but it does affect them and the post office say its making a big difference to there deliverys.

How do you think other shops manage who are located in similar locations? As already said, it's a standard junction, slip roads for 40mph roads are not the norm. Suck it up.

same old scc our way only,doesnt matter about anyone else thinks total disgrace,i have not found any of our greenhill taras members or shop keepers or anyone that agrees with this silly idea.

So they are taking the opportunity to bring the layout up to the current standard, as they would a new design. SCC seem to have done something right here.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

That slip road has been like that for as long as I can remember. I find it much more difficult turning into the road now than I did previously.

Why fix something that isn't broken?

That slip road has been like that for as long as I can remember. I find it much more difficult turning into the road now than I did previously.

Because the slip road was dangerous, in relation to the new cycle lane, and isn't necessary on a 40mph road.

It's already been explained.

Because the slip road was dangerous, in relation to the new cycle lane, and isn't necessary on a 40mph road.

It's already been explained.

As have already explained, myself and others find it more dangerous now than it was previously.

As have already explained, myself and others find it more dangerous now than it was previously.

Why would it be MORE dangerous? Visibility is improved. It is up to the driver entering the main road to wait until there is an adequate gap in the oncoming traffic.

But it's not just about you, the cycle lane was added to make things better for a vulnerable group of road users, and the slip road was making that more dangerous.

If you can't pull out onto a 40mph road without a slip road, you (and those "others") need to look at your driving skills.

So does S8 Blade need a slip road to enter every single 40mph road in the UK? :D

I think the issue was that in its original state there was no issue as motorist could move out and join traffic safely, as per a motorway slip road.

It has now been turned in to a 90 degree give way ( this includes cyclists as well ) causing vehicles to wait for a gap to join traffic.

I know most other junctions operate in this way, but this one worked quite well the way it did.