Sheffield Star app no longer free from Jan 2015

Same on Android and already happened! Have uninstalled the app and wouldn't pay for the paper and should go the Metro/Evening Standard free route. Also, the app was really poorly designed.

You can't light a fire with an app.

That's all that I ever use the Star for.

So you now buy the perforated and quilted tissue rolls?

Guest sibon
So you now buy the perforated and quilted tissue rolls?

I'm posh me:cool:

Nothing is too good for my botty.

It's always been handy for the notices at the back, I'll miss it for that.

They Just Rip Off the Sheffield Public with the price of The Star,but Really its like a Morning Paper nowdays and it was more popular when we got the Afternoon version catching up with things,65p is Disgusting,there Trying to Copy The Sun that charges nowdays,but Mirror News is the Best for phones or Tablets

They Just Rip Off the Sheffield Public with the price of The Star,but Really its like a Morning Paper nowdays and it was more popular when we got the Afternoon version catching up with things,65p is Disgusting,there Trying to Copy The Sun that charges nowdays,but Mirror News is the Best for phones or Tablets

The Sheffield Star newspaper used to be an institution in this city. Now it is an absolute travesty. I feel that Johnston Press have neglected the fine journalistic traditions of the newspaper and put profits before content.

They cynically put the price up so if you bought a subscription to the newspaper you were only paying the previous price!

They brought out the second rate early morning edition which was easier for them to publish and used the excuse that there are many ways to access the Star these days with new technology.

One of these ways is via the tablet edition. From January this will now cost £161.88 per annum.

The star use the information off here anyway so wouldn't bother

I have already lost it on my tablet, not bothered now as I won't be paying a subscription

Quality journalism money just can't buy, or should that be Bye Buy Star?

This is surely great news? Once they've put up the paywall they will realise there's nothing to be gained and give up...

If there is any kind of demand for quality journalism in this shadow of a city, something will pop up and fill the gap. If not, we'll be left with Look Leeds.

Unfortunately, I think I know where we're going...