The friendship pub Stocksbridge

After a long period of closure the Friendship ( oxymoron not intended ) is under a refurb with a possible december 20th ish reopening.Lets wish the buyers, a consortium of locals, all the best with the project and hope it does not return to the problems of the last seven or eight years.

___

My thoughts are it will still attract the usual suspects, once you have that reputation it is very difficult to change things round and it will need a strong character in charge to revive it's fortunes but i wish them well.

I thought it was ripe for a Weatherspoons take-over?

Good luck to the new owners anyway.

---------- Post added 14-12-2014 at 19:14 ----------

My thoughts are it will still attract the usual suspects, once you have that reputation it is very difficult to change things round and it will need a strong character in charge to revive it's fortunes but i wish them well.

A decent security team can change things around fairly quick, kick the idots out and keep them out.

Getting new punters in the door to replace them is the tricky bit.

The Friendship has been down this road before, its had a few " fresh starts" with new owners/ landlords ,but when the same old faces are the regulars then it dosnt stand a chance . I think its got such a bad reputation i cant see it attracting brand new customers.

Last Time I was in there itwas not friendly as its name says I was told

That townies was not welcome in there so we drank up quick sharp

came past today about dinner time and all the shutters have gone ,

---------- Post added 18-12-2014 at 21:14 ----------

looks like its open again ,fingers crossed, this time for good.

---------- Post added 23-12-2014 at 21:16 ----------

first weekend since re-opening anyone been in yet?

How is the re-opened pub, its years since i was last in there,it was run by a window cleaner who was never there.

Last Time I was in there itwas not friendly as its name says I was told

That townies was not welcome in there so we drank up quick sharp

Not changed much since the early 70's then.

Check out their facebook page, it certainly looks a lot more welcoming but I guess time will tell. I do know relatives of the lads that have taken it on and they are a great bunch so good luck to them.

Saying that, we live quite close to the pub and must admit we haven't missed the noisy drunks walking past our house after kicking out time!

Check out their facebook page, it certainly looks a lot more welcoming but I guess time will tell. I do know relatives of the lads that have taken it on and they are a great bunch so good luck to them.

Saying that, we live quite close to the pub and must admit we haven't missed the noisy drunks walking past our house after kicking out time!

or missed them at kicking off time