Legends Bar Hillsborough closed?

I thought all the Thornbridge pubs weren't making any profit?

I believe "technically" they aren't Thornbridge pubs, in that Thornbridge don't own them, they just manage them, or have a beer supply agreement. (I admit to being vague on this because I always thought they were Thornbridge pubs but someone inside the trade showed the agreement with the brewery and it wasn't a straightforward one)

Anyway that's really beside the point and entering nerdsville.

Sounds like mere bandwagon-jumping but I hope it turns out to be worth a regular visit. It's got to be better than Legends anyway surely?

To be honest I've never been in Legends and don't think I will now Barrack and Garrason have been my watering holes on the way to Hillsbrough and happy with them both.

I believe "technically" they aren't Thornbridge pubs, in that Thornbridge don't own them, they just manage them, or have a beer supply agreement. (I admit to being vague on this because I always thought they were Thornbridge pubs but someone inside the trade showed the agreement with the brewery and it wasn't a straightforward one)

Anyway that's really beside the point and entering nerdsville.

Most are leased.

I genuinely laughed out loud when I saw the first comment on this post by the Hillsborough Tap.

http://i58.tinypic.com/21dke21.png

https://www.facebook.com/legends.hillsborough?fref=ts

Just goes to show the place will still be packed with the same macho lager louts and mutton dressed muffin tops.

just had a walk past, looks quite respectable, and good range of Ales.!

The But still ha its locals in !

Just had a pint of cask ale in Legends - which was ok. Choice of 3 handpumps I think. Well done to them, it's definitely better than it was before.

Also tried Shakey for first time in about 5 years - also had 3 cask ales on (well 2 as one was settling).

Progress for Hillsbro I'd say and not before time. Just need some different punters to come down occasionally and broaden the demographic a bit.

Does anyone know if Thornbridge are taking over Sportsman on cambridge street in city centre which has closed?

This place looks really good from the outside - not had chance to go in yet, has it changed much on the inside?