Man grabs woman off night bus are women safe?

After a man sexually assaulted a woman getting off a night bus the question is are women out late at night safe and what could be done to stop such crimes?

When and where did this happen?

Tower hamlets london

Tower hamlets london

Think that just says a lot...that area of London is known to be pretty crappy. Personally I wouldn't go anywhere close to it on my own. Several areas in Sheffield are similar..

T

he woman was walking on Duff Street, Tower Hamlets, at about 04:25 GMT on Thursday after getting off the N15 bus following a night out with friends.

That is an unsafe time to be out alone IMO- at least for a woman, may be even for a male nowadays!

That is an unsafe time to be out alone IMO- at least for a woman, may be even for a male nowadays!

You can't say that!! It makes it sound like it's the woman's fault for being out too late.

You can't say that!! It makes it sound like it's the woman's fault for being out too late.

I stated that the time was unsafe- given we're in winter months and daylight is nearer 8am- with shorter days and longer nights, people do take advantage of situation, sadly.

I wouldn't let my wife out at that time or any teenager - unless they had a lift or I was personally picking them up from a night out.

I stated that the time was unsafe- given we're in winter months and daylight is nearer 8am- with shorter days and longer nights, people do take advantage of situation, sadly.

I wouldn't let my wife out at that time or any teenager - unless they had a lift or I was personally picking them up from a night out.

I agree with you Mr Fisk.

I've just found previously, that if you voice such a sentiment (advice that women change their habits, in order to stay safe), you get the militant feminist types jumping all over you saying you're victim blaming, and that women shouldn't have to change their ways, the men are to blame and we should focus on fixing them!

You tell your wife when she can or can't go out?

I think (and correct me if I'm wrong Mr Fisk) the answer is "yes, when it's the middle of the night, and she's intent on going somewhere that would put her in danger".

:hihi::hihi: