The Beer House- 623 Ecclesall rd

Hi. We open v soon. If anybody has any questions I'd be happy to answer them. We are proud to be Sheffield's first micropub. (Walkley beer Co is an off licence- I checked with them. Top lads and worth a look in if you are in the area)

we have a cellar and 6 cask lines and 1 lager line which will be a Sheffield pilsner permanently. We have bottles from Hawaii and Mexico. We have spirits and wines from our speciality supplier so you won't see your bells or Gordon or stowells.

Sounds like a great place, I've been looking forward to your opening!

I'll probably be venturing along at some point over Christmas. Just a quick one, I don't suppose you have the bottle Mauna Kea Pale Ale in that bottle selection do you?!

If you are going to be anything like The Chesterfield Alehouse you will be a very welcome addition

Sounds like a great place, I've been looking forward to your opening!

I'll probably be venturing along at some point over Christmas. Just a quick one, I don't suppose you have the bottle Mauna Kea Pale Ale in that bottle selection do you?!

We have Kona big wave and long board

And death rides a pale horse and pay the ferry man.

---------- Post added 05-12-2014 at 13:01 ----------

If you are going to be anything like The Chesterfield Alehouse you will be a very welcome addition

In between the ale house and the beer parlour..

Just had confirmation it will be opening for business tomorrow, Sunday 14th December, at midday.

Where is it, whereabouts on Ecclesall Road?

I visited on Sunday afternoon, was rather busy but I was still quite impressed. Nice civilised atmosphere and good mix of people including locals enjoying fine quality drinks.

Beer range on draught on the opening day was:

Pictish Winter Solstice, Marble Pint, Fuggle Bunny Russian Rare Bit Stout, Harthill Village Ace of Harts, Skys Edge Belgian Blonde, Stancill Sheffield Pilsener.

There was also a small but interesting range of bottled beers. Most of the spirits are sourced via Starmore Boss.

Capacity of the venue is about 40 people and there are about 6 tables plus some bar stools and a standing area.

It is close to Hunters Bar roundabout at 623 Ecclesall Road. If you are heading out of town it is just before the last bus stop before the roundabout.