What's the best dentist in Sheffield?

I go to Mosborough High Street. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

I go to Phil McAvity, he's brilliant

Yeah ! .. I use James Pullen and Ian Tugg... down Sharrow Lane... / Their door sign reads... ''Pullen - Tugg'' Dentists...:gag:

I have recently had some extensive work done , including a partial denture , by the student dentist`s at Charles Clifford , Dental Practice Unit . The problems I had were caused by gum desease brought on by years of smoking , I stopped smoking over a year ago , it was only then that the problem came to light . The treatment I had was just as good as seeing a qualified dentist , very proffessional , very competent dentist and dental nurses , and all free of charge . It is well worth applying to them.

I have recently had some extensive work done , including a partial denture , by the student dentist`s at Charles Clifford , Dental Practice Unit . The problems I had were caused by gum desease brought on by years of smoking , I stopped smoking over a year ago , it was only then that the problem came to light . The treatment I had was just as good as seeing a qualified dentist , very proffessional , very competent dentist and dental nurses , and all free of charge . It is well worth applying to them.

Do they work under supervision?:confused:

I go to Mosborough High Street. I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

I'll second that :thumbsup:

Do they work under supervision?:confused:

Yes they are fully supervised by a qualified dentist tutor , and they are in their final year of study , it`s a win win situation , they need the practical experience and their patients get free , good quality ( trust me ) dental care . As I said in my original post I have had extensive work done , I have had no pain or discomfort during or after my sessions . I honestly can`t fault them in any way , also remember it is in their interest to impress you .:)

A bit hard to say really as most people have only been to one or a handful of dentists and everyone will recommend their own for their own reasons. I person really rate Crystal Peaks Dentist. Why? Because my previous one, Lenton of Woodhouse (not Lenton himself) was particularly por and did not give correct treatment. By my opinions like most people are not a indication as I only have this old one to compare against. A really point thread to be honest or a more suitable name should be given, like which dentist would you recommend?

Can't agree with you about Woodhouse Dental (Mr Lenton has retired) I have been using them for years and never had any problems. But as you say 'Each to their own'

Thanks for your reply, that's a relief!

I have been a patient of John Lenton for years, and knew him socially. He took over form my previous dentist who retired, his practice was on the corner of Beech Hill road, next to the hospital. I then followed him to Woodhouse, and have never had any problems. He retired earlier this year, I now see a Mr Chung, a really nice dentist.

I have been a patient of John Lenton for years, and knew him socially. He took over form my previous dentist who retired, his practice was on the corner of Beech Hill road, next to the hospital. I then followed him to Woodhouse, and have never had any problems. He retired earlier this year, I now see a Mr Chung, a really nice dentist.

Scousemouse. I fully agree with you. I started at John Lentons surgery in Woodhouse when I moved here 40 years ago. Although I 've never consulted John himself I've never had any problems or complaints about any of his staff, many of them have been there for years. I too see Mr Chung and found him to be an excellent dentist as well as a very nice man.

Unfortunately there are people on here who feel the need to broadcast to the world every time they have a slight problem whether real or perceived. Remember we only hear their side of the story, the other party may tell a completely different tale and no reputable business however large or small will discuss it with others.

Edited by cytine