Ian McLagan has died

Very sad, he played at the Greystones a few short weeks ago, not sure of the circumstances of his death yet as the news is a bit sketchy.

The Small Faces were one of the great British bands of the 60's.

RIP Ian.

Guest sibon

I saw him play in the City Hall a few years ago. I forget who with, possibly Billy Bragg.

Very sad news though.

It was with great sadness I read the news of Mac's death. I got to know Ian and his lovely wife Kim years ago before they moved to Texas. Kim (nee Kerrigan) and I would often meet up 'treading the boards' in West London in the 70's along with Mandy her daughter. Kim had been married to Keith Moon, Mandy was their daughter. They were good to Keith, he had his problems. It was after Keith died they married, then made the move across the pond. Tragically Kim was killed in a car crash in Travis, TX. I have missed them all. Ian (or Mac) as he was known was a great keyboard player, and a beautiful person. The world is a poorer place without him. RIP Mac.

Edited by Jessoo

I saw him play in the City Hall a few years ago. I forget who with, possibly Billy Bragg.

Very sad news though.

It was indeed with Billy, I was there that night. I particularly remember 'Waiting for the great leap forwards'. Great keyboard player.

......Keith, he had his problems.

Slight understatement.

The Small Faces played the City Hall in 77 on a reunion tour. Ronnie Lane didn't rejoin but McLagan, Marriott and Jones did.

It was with great sadness I read the news of Mac's death. I got to know Ian and his lovely wife Kim years ago before they moved to Texas. Kim (nee Kerrigan) and I would often meet up 'treading the boards' in West London in the 70's along with Mandy her daughter. Kim had been married to Keith Moon, Mandy was their daughter. They were good to Keith, he had his problems. It was after Keith died they married, then made the move across the pond. Tragically Kim was killed in a car crash in Travis, TX. I have missed them all. Ian (or Mac) as he was known was a great keyboard player, and a beautiful person. The world is a poorer place without him. RIP Mac.

Interesting, and moving, post, Jessoo.

...The Small Faces played the City Hall in 77 on a reunion tour. Ronnie Lane didn't rejoin but McLagan, Marriott and Jones did.

That would have been shortly after Ronnie Lane was diagnosed with MS I would guess.