Morrison's Hillsborough

The news today reported Tescos struggle in the marketplace which appeared more significant. I would say they all have ups and downs.

All the big ones have lost significant market share (some more than others) to the more efficient cheaper places as the economy keeps lowering wages and other benefits.

All the big ones have lost significant market share (some more than others) to the more efficient cheaper places as the economy keeps lowering wages and other benefits.

I agree. No point in anyone trying to single out morrisons is what im saying. They are all up and down!

I think the quality of the food, especially vegetables and meat, is really good at the Hillsborough store.

The queues are dreadful however. I went at 8pm on Saturday and still queued for 10 minutes at one of the two checkouts that were open. The week before on a Friday lunchtime I queued for what felt like a lifetime to buy a newspaper and then spent 20 minutes in the restaurant queue whilst one person at the till processed the orders in slow motion.

The one bonus of all of the competitors is that now it doesn't take half an hour to get out on to Penistone Rd at the end of the shop, and now it's two lanes it's helped even more.

usual story for me ...

Went in Friday to do my shop. Was attracted to one item clearly marked as £1 off so bought a couple. Checked my receipt after bagging up and found it wasn't discounted. Went to customer services, who went out onto the floor and found the offer label, but told me that offer had actually expired, but nevertheless would honour the discounted price. Wonder how many others wouldn't have asked for a refund - indeed had there been a queue at customer services, I might not have done.

Went in Saturday for some stuff I had forgotten. One item scanned twice. This time there was a queue and I didn't bother.

Their error rate is abysmal. Being a sceptic, I often wonder how much is "error" and how much is a scam.

I think the quality of the food, especially vegetables and meat, is really good at the Hillsborough store.

The queues are dreadful however.

Agreed, for meat and veg you can't complain but my god they are useless at serving! And the number of times I've had to do a Uturn in an aisle due to an abandoned cage thing.

We had a quick one at morrisons yesterday for a little basket and everything went all right.

We had a quick one at morrisons yesterday for a little basket and everything went all right.

Would you care to clarify what you mean there dutch?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Well we bought a few items there, and no complaints.

If others can complain why can't I say everything went fine.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Exactly

well I shop at asda Chaucer road and I think all the staff are lovely and allways plenty on check outs

usual story for me ...

Went in Friday to do my shop. Was attracted to one item clearly marked as £1 off so bought a couple. Checked my receipt after bagging up and found it wasn't discounted. Went to customer services, who went out onto the floor and found the offer label, but told me that offer had actually expired, but nevertheless would honour the discounted price. Wonder how many others wouldn't have asked for a refund - indeed had there been a queue at customer services, I might not have done.

Went in Saturday for some stuff I had forgotten. One item scanned twice. This time there was a queue and I didn't bother.

Their error rate is abysmal. Being a sceptic, I often wonder how much is "error" and how much is a scam.

I've posted something similar before. It's one of the reasons we stopped shopping there - prices mislabelled to the point where you think it can't just be an error. Either that or they make a huge number of errors....

I've noticed since using the shop and scan at Tesco quite a few prices don't match the Labels on the shelves. It's much easier to check the difference with the hand held scanner. If the price doesn't match it goes back in the shelf.