Labours proposed "mansion" tax

All of the anti-capitalists on here who oppose property taxes, must prefer people to be taxed on their income.

They would rather tax hard work, or the poorest, than tax the wealthiest on something which so often increases in value due to the efforts of the community, leading to massive financial gain without any work being done.

Should we also be taxing people with nice cars? Big TV? Nice trainers?

Stupid idea.

Funny how those that oppose this tax were quite happy to see the families of the New Era Estate evicted due to the rent being increased to the market average!

Can't have it both ways!

Should we also be taxing people with nice cars? Big TV? Nice trainers?

Stupid idea.

Think thats called VAT

Funny how those that oppose this tax were quite happy to see the families of the New Era Estate evicted due to the rent being increased to the market average!

Can't have it both ways!

Two words - Bedroom Tax. I suppose some people think it's fair to tax those who can least afford whilst those who could easily afford the Mansion Tax stamp their feet and spit out their dummy and return to the old empty threat of promising to leave the UK

Two words - Bedroom Tax. I suppose some people think it's fair to tax those who can least afford whilst those who could easily afford the Mansion Tax stamp their feet and spit out their dummy and return to the old empty threat of promising to leave the UK

The sad thing is that those who complain on here about the iniquities and unfairness of the proposals for the so called mansion tax, don't live on one, and never will. But they can dream I suppose.

the difference being that the bedroom tax sorts out and charges the ones that dont need that extra room and are already in subsidised housing, the proposed mansion tax affects people that have already paid their taxes and contribute the most.

some may say that i dont live or never will live in a house that would come under that value, the difference is though i might??!!!!

the difference being that the bedroom tax sorts out and charges the ones that dont need that extra room and are already in subsidised housing, the proposed mansion tax affects people that have already paid their taxes and contribute the most.

some may say that i dont live or never will live in a house that would come under that value, the difference is though i might??!!!!

A lot of folk get that feeling on a Wednesday and Saturday evening after they've got a lucky dip on the lottery. Keep dreaming ab.

Edited by Stan Tamudo

Yes and you might end up unemployed, or having your house repossessed, then you'd be glad of social housing.

There's just as many issues with the bedroom tax as there is with this proposed mansion tax when it comes to affordability and fairness.

Yes and you might end up unemployed, or having your house repossessed, then you'd be glad of social housing.

Not disagreeing with the 'bedroom tax' doesn't mean 'anti-social housing' you know?