House Alarm recommendations/questions - no quotes/advertising

About £65 a year for a service/system check. Sounds reasonable to me.

Your protecting your greatest asset.

Old thread but anyone used Vigil Security Systems? Got a quote, seemed decent, but keen to know if anyone has had experience with them? Tidy?

Can anyone recommend a company to provide a maintenance contract on my burglar alarm? I live in S6

Thanks

Ashton Alarms are close to you.

Ashton alarms.......

I was looking for information on the installation and maintenance cost of a burglar alarm for a residential property.

How much does it normally cost these days to install a burglar alarm, and what is a reasonable price to pay for the annual maintenance contract?

Any do's and don'ts that you can suggest are welcome, as are recommendations of companies or firms that have done a good job of installations.

Cost depends on type of system, type of sensors, number of sensors etc. We've used Ashton alarms for the two houses we've lived in since moving to Sheffield. Annual maintenance contract around £70. Been really happy with their service and advice. When we've had the odd glitch with the system they've always come out to look at it within a few hours. Can highly recommend, but as with all services, get a few quotes, ask questions and choose what suits you.

Cost depends on type of system, type of sensors, number of sensors etc. We've used Ashton alarms for the two houses we've lived in since moving to Sheffield. Annual maintenance contract around £70. Been really happy with their service and advice. When we've had the odd glitch with the system they've always come out to look at it within a few hours. Can highly recommend, but as with all services, get a few quotes, ask questions and choose what suits you.

Thanks. May I ask how much it cost you to get it installed each time?

I had Ashton alarms supply and fit me an alarm on my shop, I paid £600 got a decent grade 11 commercial grade alarm.

Steve Ashton dealt with me and is a decent fella so I would recommend Ashton Alarms

Check out their website= http://ashtonalarms.co.uk

I used C&H Alarms. Very good service & very happy with the alarm. It works perfectly, as I've found out a few times in the mornings when I forgot it was there....! I had quotes from both Ashton Alarms & C&H Alarms, & the latter came out slightly cheaper for the installation & the yearly maintenance. Both seemed like very professional companies. C&H tend to have a wait time of a couple of weeks, tho.

My house is a small 2 up 2 down style terrace. I chose a fairly simple set up of wireless door contacts & room sensors with a wired bell & an extra (more discreet) panel and it cost £504 all in. £70 approx for the servicing. Both quotes said this was entirely suitable for my house, & didn't try to flog any extras. C&H suggested the extra keypad as it's in my lounge & the proper control panel, which is large & unsightly with it's fused spur and protruding wires, is hidden away in a cupboard. I'd suggest getting both to quote & go with what's best for you.

I used C&H Alarms. Very good service & very happy with the alarm. It works perfectly, as I've found out a few times in the mornings when I forgot it was there....! I had quotes from both Ashton Alarms & C&H Alarms, & the latter came out slightly cheaper for the installation & the yearly maintenance. Both seemed like very professional companies. C&H tend to have a wait time of a couple of weeks, tho.

My house is a small 2 up 2 down style terrace. I chose a fairly simple set up of wireless door contacts & room sensors with a wired bell & an extra (more discreet) panel and it cost £504 all in. £70 approx for the servicing. Both quotes said this was entirely suitable for my house, & didn't try to flog any extras. C&H suggested the extra keypad as it's in my lounge & the proper control panel, which is large & unsightly with it's fused spur and protruding wires, is hidden away in a cupboard. I'd suggest getting both to quote & go with what's best for you.

Thanks, I will give them a call and ask for a quote.