House Alarm recommendations/questions - no quotes/advertising

Try Knight Alarms (think its Gleadless) Barry is a lovely friendly bloke the kind you don't mind having in your house.

We've had him install two alarms, what he doesn't know about alarms then no one does..:)

He's been in business for about 40 years....good bloke!

Ashton Alarms were good when they installed ours earlier in the year.

We have a house alarm ! I am a little miffed at the annual service charge for an installation with no moving parts and little or no chance of being damaged. I cost me £500 for installation in 2011. I have paid annual maintenance in 2012, 2013 & 2014. equating to around £200. The 2015 bill is now with me.

What do I do ? Pay up, risk that it will continue working without a guarantee or if it does go faulty for what ever reason, hire someone who services house alarms. How much would they charge for a call out and a fault remedy ?

I use this guy 077738365436 who repaired mine give a him call very reasonable and didn't charge us a call out fee

A house alarm shouldn't need servicing every year if it's a decent alarm

A house alarm shouldn't need servicing every year if it's a decent alarm

That's strange, my insurance company insists that mine is serviced every year or my insurance is not valid.

Insurance companies will insist on the alarm being serviced every year, find out what you are saving versus your annual service, it may be cheaper to tell your insurance company you don't have an alarm and have it serviced every 3/4 years, most issues with alarms are the back up battery, this should be replaced every 5 years , as long as you fully test your alarm every year inc outside bell all should be fine...

Has anyone got a Yale wireless alarm and are they any good?