House Alarm recommendations/questions - no quotes/advertising

There are 3 internal fuses on the cpx the middle one ( 1 amp quick blow ) will be for your detectors , you will need a multimeter to do any further checks

I had an alarm fitted at the end of May in 2015 when I moved into this house.

Two weeks after the 12 month guarantee was up it started going off every few minutes, I rang the company who charge £70 + vat call out plus parts if needed and was told they knew what time I turned it off that morning and it sounded like a faulty box, which I had changed.

And its now doing it again, exactly the same date as last year.

I'm not prepared to keep paying this every year, but it was set up on the engineers phone, so I don't know if anyone else can sort it.

It is a big well known company.

Is this a standard charge, or is my best option having as new alarm with another company

If it's ADT ....probably

No it isn't

Hi,

Ive got a problem with a Visonic Powermax Express alarm - the panel shows the yellow light and trouble message, along with Zone9 Low Battery/Emergency - plus an annoying beep every minute!

Previously when I`ve had the low battery message, its been a sensor or keyfob which has been easy to sort - I just dont know what Zone 9 Emergency relates to ???

Any pointers I would be very grateful !

Hi, no panic button, but we`ve got a pendant mct 241 alarm button - I wondered if it could be that?? I took it to work to see if the error message went to the inactivity message to pin the problem to the pendant - still showing same low battery message - do you think it could be the pendant?? not used, just been in a drawer - Google says its a sealed battery and it has to be sent back to Visonic?? Could I just unenroll it?? Thanks for the reply Mark

I am wanting a wired alarm fitted in my home, but am wondering if it is possible to have one fitted without ripping up my laminated flooring ? and what is average cost for one ?

Thanks

Edited by Odd-jobs

I installed an alarm (A1)more than a decade ago.

The system is operating with one sensor and is disarmed.

The battery is a small m/cycle lead acid type.

I can no longer access it.

Is it OK just to leave it?

If I need to remove the control box will it go off?