Underneath Meadowhall

its a whole new floor of shops being developed planning to be open next year :rolleyes:

That sounds like the best guess so far. Surely there's someone on here that works there that knows?

It's not really a guess, I worked in them after the floods in 2007.

Body bags for a terror attack is supposedly just an urban legend, people say the same about lots of public buildings

I'm pretty sure it will be the lift motor room.

Yes you are right the lift near debs broke , they was repairing it

When I was in the centre the other day there was a panel open in the floor near Debenhams/ Waterstones and you could see a full height cellar / other floor under there, which I had no idea existed.

So does anyone know, is this the full length of the centre or just in certain areas? What is it used for?

Funny, I had a dream a few weeks ago about going to somewhere very like Meadowhall and there was an entire basement-level floor which was also fitted out as a market, but which for the most part was obviously disused and out of bounds. The dream was realistic enough to have me baffled until I woke up lol:hihi:

Are any of the cellars from the old steel works that were on that site still in existence ?

If there is anything under there wouldn't it be knackered when the place flooded in 2007 ?

The hole you saw near debs was just a hatch that leads to the engine underneath the elevator guessing repairs was been made

The hole you saw near debs was just a hatch that leads to the engine underneath the elevator guessing repairs was been made

From this description it's pretty obvious Meadowhall is either a submarine, or some kind of space ship like this one from the documentary 'Prometheus', designed by Sheffield Planners (oxymoron alert) as a life raft to blast off from the bowels of the Earth, transporting the good citizens of Sheffield to another planet in the cataclysmically disastrous event scenario of the river Don bursting it's banks.

Barring the compromised banks event, it could also be designed for such purpose as the Golgafrinchans built theirs in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Taking the Meadowhall Earth Ship's close proximity (by bus, tram or Astra) to Parsonia, this does actually make quite a lot of sense.

Methinks I should conduct more investigation into this and report back …

When i worked as a security guard there 05-09 there was approximately 11500 body bags in the basement, this was incase of a catastrophic situation and would be used as a temporary mortuary, we were not told anymore than that, no training for a situation should it happen and it was only electricians and maintenance workers who needed access to the basement.

When i worked as a security guard there 05-09 there was approximately 11500 body bags in the basement, this was incase of a catastrophic situation and would be used as a temporary mortuary, we were not told anymore than that, no training for a situation should it happen and it was only electricians and maintenance workers who needed access to the basement.

As one of the electricians that actually did work there I can tell you that is completely untrue especially as it has no basement as such.