Road resurfacing

They're resurfacing down penistone road, but that's because of a huge cash injection by the newly built sainsburys at wadsley bridge.

They say they'll resurface every road but.. I'll believe it when I see it. I heard a deadline once (something mad like 2030) but it all seems to have gone quiet (surprise!)

I'm glad you have mentioned that , I was only thinking that myself last week.

Since the Tour de France finished I haven't seen any tarmacking going on any where where I drive. I wish they would get Ball Road done I think it's sinking.

Ball Road Hillsborough due to be resurfaced 2015

See full details on Council Website of where and when work is scheduled

to take place

no but the odd road that has been done is now worse than before

no but the odd road that has been done is now worse than before

Which odd road is this? Surely if it is worse than before you have reported

to Amey or the Council

Can anyone tell me if road resurfacing as stopped in Sheffield because I have not seen any activity for some time now ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

They were working just off Penistone Rd next to Hillsborough park just last night.

The junction of Birley Moor Road / Mansfield Road near the Noah's Ark Pub which was resurfaced last year has recently been dug up for utilities work, and it is now a right mess.

No sooner are the roads resurfaced left lovely and smooth with no pot holes then along comes some company and leaves them looking like a patch work quilt of tarmacking!!

A bad winter of snow and ice and the patched area of road I am talking about will be breaking up.

I think this is a big issue. Ideally any services should be in good condition, with little risk of failure before the road is resurfaced.

However, even if they were to manage this, there would still be occasions when it is necessary to dig up routes soon after the new surface has been laid.

Surely there is (or if there isn't, there ought to be) a requirement for the utility companies to leave the road in as good a condition as when they arrived. If they cannot make the new surface join seamlessly with the surrounding surface, and with no possibility of water getting in between the new and existing surface and freezing, then they should be required to resurface the lot. Why should road users be inconvenienced because utility companies do not do the job properly.

I presume that it will now be in Amey's interests to make sure that anyone else digging up "their" roads repairs them properly, otherwise SAmey will incur extra costs in maintaining the roads. So we might see better repairs in future, if the contracts/law is in their favour to allow them to enforce any requirements.

---------- Post added 04-12-2014 at 11:03 ----------

My road, this morning. I only just got off before the road was shut.

They've been warning us, off and on, when it is going to happen. We kept getting warnings about having to remove cars, but most times nothing happened on the days they stated. The kerbs were replaced several months ago, along with the base layer of the pavement and the lights (although some of the new lights didn't work until about two weeks ago). Since replacing the kerbs, the edge of the road surface has been very poor. They finally completed the pavement last week, and are now doing the road.

Edited by Eater Sundae

The junction of Birley Moor Road / Mansfield Road near the Noah's Ark Pub which was resurfaced last year has recently been dug up for utilities work, and it is now a right mess.

No sooner are the roads resurfaced left lovely and smooth with no pot holes then along comes some company and leaves them looking like a patch work quilt of tarmacking!!

A bad winter of snow and ice and the patched area of road I am talking about will be breaking up.

Sally - report this to Sheffield Highways dept (StreetsAhead & Amey) as the utility companies are supposed to ensure that the repair is to the same standard as before.

Had a leaflet through the other day explaining the road repairs in Sheffield said they would all be repaired by 2017 surely that can't be true

Judging by the current state of the roads and the fact that they have been at it for a couple of years I would say that was a tad optimistic to say the least,or as I would prefer to think utter <REMOVED> !

Edited by nikki-red
masked swearing