Road resurfacing

Can anyone tell me if road resurfacing as stopped in Sheffield because I have not seen any activity for some time now ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

No. It hasn't stopped.

Can anyone tell me if road resurfacing as stopped in Sheffield because I have not seen any activity for some time now ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

No, every road is going to be resurfaced.

OK guru's ............

WHY oh WHY have the main roads been left until last (in North Sheffield at least) would that be to do with the fact that they are most subject to wear and the 5 year "warranty" runs from the start date of the contract?

Surely not??

OK guru's ............

WHY oh WHY have the main roads been left until last (in North Sheffield at least) would that be to do with the fact that they are most subject to wear and the 5 year "warrenty" runs from the start date of the contract?

Surely not??

Around my neck of the woods most of the main roads have been resurfaced.

OK guru's ............

WHY oh WHY have the main roads been left until last (in North Sheffield at least) would that be to do with the fact that they are most subject to wear and the 5 year "warranty" runs from the start date of the contract?

Surely not??

What 5 year warranty ?

Around my neck of the woods most of the main roads have been resurfaced.

Luckily, I guess you don't have to take a bus or drive in either Parson Cross or Shiregreen then, because all the arterial routes therin are still waiting to be touched.

however most of the EASY streets to resurface have been (also re illuminated with those smashing LED lights to be fair.)

That said.. many if not all of the old concrete section streets have not been resurfaced either, probably too much trouble for someone.

It would be nice to know when the main routes are going to be done (especially the bus routes)............

Footnote...

Would you buy a second hand car from a Sheffield person?

I wouldn't not because of the person, but because of the roads around our "great" city :-D

OK guru's ............

Surely not??

Go here to find out when the roads are due to be done: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/works/schemes/streetsaheadproject/works-schedules/works-map.html#

The 'warranty' is beween 25 and 20 years depending on when the work is done; it is taking them five to do the work:

Most of the upgrade works will take place in the first 5 years (2012 to 2017) of a 25 year contract. Amey, our private sector contractor are tasked with carrying out the work and are responsible for replacing, inspecting and the ongoing maintenance of our roads and street scene.

I'm glad you have mentioned that , I was only thinking that myself last week.

Since the Tour de France finished I haven't seen any tarmacking going on any where where I drive. I wish they would get Ball Road done I think it's sinking.

The junction of Birley Moor Road / Mansfield Road near the Noah's Ark Pub which was resurfaced last year has recently been dug up for utilities work, and it is now a right mess.

No sooner are the roads resurfaced left lovely and smooth with no pot holes then along comes some company and leaves them looking like a patch work quilt of tarmacking!!

A bad winter of snow and ice and the patched area of road I am talking about will be breaking up.

Apparently it's some dispute with Tarmac who haven't apparently been paid so apparently they won't take away the stuff they're digging up....

Apparently. Said someone who apparently foind it on the council site or something.

And seeing as this money came specifically for road resurfacing you have to wonder why they haven't been paid.

I wouldn't pay the tarmacers in paper washers.

My Cable (telephone) line has now been out of operation for 2 months because they damaged it when laying the new pathways.

The same for at least four others on my street too.

Surely they should have found a way not to damage the cabling by now, afterall it's not the first time these works have been carried out anywhere is it?