Black friday! Fighting in Tescos

I bought a fairly expensive christmas present a few days ago. No idea if it would have been cheaper today and I won't be looking.

I was in Tesco, Spital Hill for my weekend food shopping, expecting it to be crowded. It was no different to any other time I've been in there.

Reminds me of the quote:

"We buy stuff we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like."

Greed.

Expect to see a sizeable portion of what's been fought over in shops today advertised on eBay by the weekend, at a smidgeon under RRP.

Black Friday is stocking-up day for enterprising Xmas spending scalpers.

Why else do you see people grab multiple large screen LCD TVs, Dyson hoovers, <etc.>? Even collectors rarely buy multiple items new, and few of these 'fighting shoppers' will be the type owning several mansions ;)

Expect to see a sizeable portion of what's been fought over in shops today returned to the shop because it doesn't work due to the manhandling it had to endure.

I agree with everyone that thinks its :loopy: to fight over a discounted TV.

What I really don't get, and hopefully someone can explain this to me: I buy stuff when I need it. Do all these lunatics need these TVs now? And if so.... why?

I really hope this doesn't catch on, despite BBC news at six trying its best to help the retarded retailers who are behind this.

What I really don't get, and hopefully someone can explain this to me: I buy stuff when I need it. Do all these lunatics need these TVs now? And if so.... why?

I really hope this doesn't catch on, despite BBC news at six trying its best to help the retarded retailers who are behind this.

They all broke their old TV whilst fighting in the living room.

It appears that some of the products said to have been reduced for Black Friday weren't!

Products seen in store last Monday were apparently the same price but marked down as 24 hour black friday specials. Tut.

I can't believe what I've seen today. What is wrong with these people?

Black Friday deal from Argos

Samsung UE48H5030 48 Inch Full HD Freview HD LED TV. Was £599.99 now £399.00

Wow what a bargain.

Then tucked away down the page in tiny writing...

* Please note, item has previously been on sale at 399.99

Why do people fall for these marketing tricks

Stupid springs to mind!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I saw a quote from a woman who'd bought a Dyson, she'd gone in hopes of getting a telly but lost out so grabbed a Dyson because she wanted to have something. She wasn't sure if she'd saved any money on it. Bonkers.

Black Friday fighting at Tescos.? Welcome to the jungle.

Also, sorry for exporting our bad behavior. :(

They should have at least limited the tvs in store to one per customer. The footage on tv with the couple with four or five trollies wasn't a good image.