HEELEY CITY FARM: Sheffield City Council propose removal of trees!

Is the meeting still on for tomorrow?

YES!

Anyone wishing to see for themselves how the proposed changes will affect the area is invited to come along tomorrow morning (14th Feb) at 11am.

Meet up by the postbox on Anne's Road next to the farm entrance.

It should not take any longer than half an hour to complete the walk-around and if you intend to be at next Tuesday's meeting you will have a clearer picture of the nature of the objections.

Tomorrow morning 11am!

I wish the council would put our money to better use, It really ****** me off. Bus Lane - I think there is only 1, maybe 2 buses that use that road!

I wish the council would put our money to better use, It really ****** me off. Bus Lane - I think there is only 1, maybe 2 buses that use that road!

The council say there are 7 buses per hour using the route.

Public Meeting at the Heeley Institute 7.30pm tomorrow evening (17th Feb) to discuss this issue with representatives from the council and the incumbent MP for Heeley as well as the Green Party and hopefully Lib Dems.

The council say there are 7 buses per hour using the route.

Public Meeting at the Heeley Institute 7.30pm tomorrow evening (17th Feb) to discuss this issue with representatives from the council and the incumbent MP for Heeley as well as the Green Party and hopefully Lib Dems.

7 buses per hour.... so that warrants spending hundreds of thousands of pounds for 14 buses a day (when there is a slight problem in rush hour). I go on this road every day and been no longer that about 5 minutes when it is bad.

Logical thinking!:loopy:

Edited by borninsheffield

Last call for tonight's PUBLIC MEETING!

7.30pm at the Heeley Institute.

Come and have your say about the proposed removal of 129 mature trees forming part of the surround for Heeley City Farm!

Absolutly fantastic turn out just a shame no one from the council could be bothered to turn up to answer our questions

Absolutly fantastic turn out just a shame no one from the council could be bothered to turn up to answer our questions

Was there in spirit Locket! :)

Any developments?

Over 70 people attended and a healthy discussion took place. It was decided to form a steering committee to progress the campaign and this will happen very soon.

Unfortunately no one from Sheffield City Council connected with the project was there to answer questions and make the case in support.

Local ward councillor Cate Mcdonald was present and took part in the discussion.

A dedicated Facebook page (SAVE THE HEELEY TREES) is already up and running as a direct result of a decision made during the meeting.

My sincere thanks to each and everyone of you who came. :thumbsup:

Latest count for the petition - 704!!

704 and counting!

Well done everyone concerned...both for signing and sharing and also for the efforts put in to raise awareness of the council's plan to install what is perceived by a big majority of local residents to be an ill conceived and unnecessary bus lane.

No proof has thus far been forthcoming that the scheme will have enough effect to make it financially viable!

This evening, as a result of Tuesday's meeting when 73 people attended, a further meeting will take place to form a steering committee.

This is real democracy at work...this is people power!