HEELEY CITY FARM: Sheffield City Council propose removal of trees!

It seems that the work has already started looking at the other thread. This is what happened in Ecclesfield.

Meeting due to commence at 2pm and members of the public are welcome to attend.

Lovely. Thanks council. I am very opposed to this but now I have to choose between my job and trees

where is the meeting being held?

Lovely. Thanks council. I am very opposed to this but now I have to choose between my job and trees

Hmm, I wonder which is more important to you? :hihi:

It seems that the bus lane proposal has been removed from the agenda for the meeting on Wednesday (7th Jan).

I'm currently trying to find out why and have sent out e-mails to establish the reason and when it will come back onto a future agenda.

I'll let you all know as things develop.

sounds like a politics idea to me,stop upsetting folk,make out its a mistake till after the mays elections,then if they win easy rail road it through as it wont matter,or is it me being paranoid.

Hmm, I wonder which is more important to you? :hihi:

"Choice" was probably not the correct word, since there isn't really one available to me at this short notice

But no doubt, a low turnout would be taken as either apathy or no objection

sounds like a politics idea to me,stop upsetting folk,make out its a mistake till after the mays elections,then if they win easy rail road it through as it wont matter,or is it me being paranoid.

In a nutshell. Well said!

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 17:37 ----------

I would say ask the prospective candidates when they come knocking for your vote but that would only happen in a democratic society.

In a nutshell. Well said!

---------- Post added 05-01-2015 at 17:37 ----------

I would say ask the prospective candidates when they come knocking for your vote but that would only happen in a democratic society.

In the hope that prospective candidates are aware of the petition I will point out that there are currently 548 signatures. That's a lot of potential votes for people who feel passionate about these trees!

BEWARE CANDIDATES!

where is the meeting being held?

^^ What she said :)

There are now 285 signatures on the petition. Thank you to all who have already signed and shared.

WE NEED MORE! PLEASE SIGN AND SHARE to defeat this scheme!

The petition now has 549 signatures. Well done if you have signed and shared.

Despite some dissenting voices on this thread and negative comments form those who, perhaps, should know better public protest does work...as this petition is beginning to prove!

Late yesterday afternoon I received an e-mail from Councillor Bramhall informing me that discussion on the proposed bus lane scheduled for today has now been taken off the agenda until a later date to allow for further consultation and work on the proposal.

It is imperative that we continue to grow the petition and leave the council in no doubt as to the strength of opposition we feel.

Please sign and share if you have not already done so!

Thank you in anticipation!

Thought this might be a good thread to make people aware of this -

http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/camp...d-application/

Ancient wood could be destroyed and replaced with a hotel/service station less than 27 miles from another service station and just around the corner from meadowhall which has sufficient facilities already.