Does Anyone Remember Bone Cravens?

Does anyone remember Bone Cravens (not the trailer company). I worked there in the late seventies. I was a good place to work all in all. The people who worked there were great for the most part.

If anybody remembers working there please post your memories.

They made plastic extrusion machines and I did not work there but I did load and deliver the machines both in the UK and Europe.

I worked there from 1977-1981 in the machine shop great memories.

Did they originally make large lathes,if so I've fixed a few over the years . I did 2 years next door at Cravens Homalloy 1964-6

They made Railway carriages before plastic injection machines and beezerboy where abouts in Ontario are you ? i'm in Windsor .

Does anyone remember Bone Cravens (not the trailer company). I worked there in the late seventies. I was a good place to work all in all. The people who worked there were great for the most part.

If anybody remembers working there please post your memories.

Do a search. There are three other threads on the subject. :)

My grand-dad Bernard Sharpe worked at Cravens from the 60's up until being made redundant in 1982.

My grand-dad Bernard Sharpe worked at Cravens from the 60's up until being made redundant in 1982.

my uncle James Brian Fargher worked there for many years, I believe he joined Cravens not long after the war and was there till he retired wich would have been about 20 plus years ago

On 28/12/2014 at 19:14, maple leafs said:

I worked there from 1977-1981 in the machine shop great memories.

That was around the same time I was there. I did an apprenticeship there. Was there until redundancy and closure.

Worked at Bone Cravens in mid seventies in machine shop/assembly shop.Remember 

having some great times with the lads brilliant place to work.Can anybody remember 

any of the machinist that worked there?

On 27 November 2014 at 15:31, phantom309 said:

They made plastic extrusion machines and I did not work there but I did load and deliver the machines both in the UK and Europe.

On 28 December 2014 at 21:48, beezerboy said:

Did they originally make large lathes,if so I've fixed a few over the years . I did 2 years next door at Cravens Homalloy 1964-6

Bone Cravens did'nt make large lathes.These machines were manufactured by Craven

Machine Tools which was then based in Stockport ,many people get the two companies mixed up.Hope this can be of help to you.

Edited by Woodhouse lad