What Internet Speeds Do People Get?

BT Infinity

36Mbps/6Mbps

1200m of copper cable between my house and Fibre cabinet! :(

29/16 in Woodseats on Sharrow exchange usually a lot faster but am on wireless.I get it for nowt so I can't complain!

We have virgin 152 mbs broadband and over wireless network I'm getting 48mb download speed and 37mb upload speed in the Shirecliffe area.

yes they have given us a discount every month since we signed up 6 month's ago.

It's just really frustrating when we were told that we would be able to get 100mb in our area and we don't (not yet anyway) .

It's also frustrating when all the kids are on youtube or anything on the net and i want a quick game on the xbox or steam and it lags.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3942708981

That is a truly shocking speedtest - not even 1mb download! Try running it again but select a Sheffield server in the options.

Not on fibre and get 3 Mbps, which'll do - had to complain to get that though, it was about 100Kps before that - almost as bad as an old 56k modem.

Can't really justify paying for the upgrade to fibre.

Checked at 8:30 and still 58 Mb/s.

Wow.

I'm getting really sick of mine now with Virgin media - I get great speed early morning, then it drops every night.

S6 on TalkTalk Fibre, upto 30Mbps contract, actually get well higher than 35 over wifi (This check I just ran it was 37,8). Upload could be a bit quicker, but 1,95 Mbps (2 Mbps per contract) is not bad. Also notice no drop at all during peak times.

Only time I tested directly over LAN I got 42 Mbps and that was at peak time. I am rather fortunate that most out neighbours are on ADSL/Sky - long may it continue!

im with virgin and just tested now it was 51 down and 3 up but im sure it isnt that on a evening some nights its right slow.

il have to remember to check it later tonight and see

(im on wybourn)

Wow.

I'm getting really sick of mine now with Virgin media - I get great speed early morning, then it drops every night.

It should only be a noticeable drop if you're on the regional (DSL) service... or the cabinet in your area is crowded... :)

0.32 down and 0.61 up. I'm in Handsworth, with Sky.

The day they upgrade the Attercliffe exchange, I'm throwing a massive party!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3948568355

I'm on the Attercliffe exchange and a bit nearer than you and I get around 18mb with Sky. Have you had your internal wiring checked out or reported your extremely slow speeds to Sky?

My result:

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=1417346974889758355

All being well Attercliffe exchange will be upgraded to fibre optic broadband sometime before the end of 2017 - I can't wait!!

Edited by Paddy