Accident in Hillsborough corner AVOID

I referring to post # 14.

Regards.

Dave. I think there are crossed wires

On the same crossing as the fatality there was an incident last night about 8pm

We went past just after 8pm and looked as though someone had been knocked down (although is was very busy and fast rain)

I reckon Smkkk2012 got the wrong location.

something certaintly happened on that crossing that night as myself and quite a few others had to drive round the stationary car.

In the past hour I've just used that same crossing where the accident happened and both times a car was moving over the crossing when the green man was showing.

Something certainly needs reviewing here, if they can spend how many £1000's on a bus corridor on Penistone rd then they can find the money to improve this mess of a junction.

The majority of it is people entering the junction when the other side is not clear but I also regularly see people especially busses jumping the red light. It needs some enforcement particularly in the bus drivers. The ones around Hillsborough are the worst.

The majority of it is people entering the junction when the other side is not clear but I also regularly see people especially busses jumping the red light. It needs some enforcement particularly in the bus drivers. The ones around Hillsborough are the worst.

There's been a few threads about this set of lights. A lot of people don't realise the lights before Forbes Road on Langsett Road, as you're heading towards Hillsborough Corner, are connected with the crossing lights. It's not obvious unless you know the road.

I hate the two crossings in this area. More than once the green man has been on and cars have gone through nearly knocking me over. RIP to the poor chap

Just heard he passed away, terrible way to go.

Let us hope the council will finally sort out the mess that exists around there, I reckon there has been a serious incident in that area each month for the past few years.

There's been a few threads about this set of lights. A lot of people don't realise the lights before Forbes Road on Langsett Road, as you're heading towards Hillsborough Corner, are connected with the crossing lights. It's not obvious unless you know the road.

THIS is the main problem. The lights are no where near the actual crossing.

That and the fact anyone crossing from Forbes road side, the traffic coming down the hill is slightly behind you so if you only glance to the right you might not see a car coming.

Hillsborough is absolutely awful now to drive through and also walk through ! It's such a state now i have no idea what the solution would be

always thought personally that it was a ridiculous decision to put a bus interchange there

The answer for me is to be doubly vigilant whether I'm walking or driving around Hillsborough corner. I'd be considered elderly, and regularly have a toddler with me. We are often the only people left at crossings waiting for the green man. I also get concerned by the drivers who drive onto the hatch marks, stopping the traffic from Forbes Rd.

Lastly, it's time drivers and pedestrians realised that even when traffic is stationary in one direction, it isn't always due to a red light the other way. I almost hit another car recently. It was coming from Middlewood and decided to turn right into Hillsborough Road with no thought for traffic coming the other way as I was. I was correctly driving through the green light when the other car made a right turn in front of me, the driver obviously thought I'd driven through a red light judging by the gesticulations and sounding of their horn. (If you read this irate woman driver, please take note).

We all need to exercise more patience around this area, as I fear there are many more accidents to come if we don't. So sad to hear there has been a fatality.

Minority transport should NOT be given preference over the majority of transport, ie, cars .
Car is king eh? Everybody else shift

The answer for me is to be doubly vigilant whether I'm walking or driving around Hillsborough corner. I'd be considered elderly, and regularly have a toddler with me. We are often the only people left at crossings waiting for the green man. I also get concerned by the drivers who drive onto the hatch marks, stopping the traffic from Forbes Rd.

Lastly, it's time drivers and pedestrians realised that even when traffic is stationary in one direction, it isn't always due to a red light the other way. I almost hit another car recently. It was coming from Middlewood and decided to turn right into Hillsborough Road with no thought for traffic coming the other way as I was. I was correctly driving through the green light when the other car made a right turn in front of me, the driver obviously thought I'd driven through a red light judging by the gesticulations and sounding of their horn. (If you read this irate woman driver, please take note).

We all need to exercise more patience around this area, as I fear there are many more accidents to come if we don't. So sad to hear there has been a fatality.

Well said MM - pedestrians and drivers all need to be more aware of their surroundings. Many of us have hectic lives with constant pressures and our minds on various things....

I regularly see near misses through Hillsborough with cars ignoring signs and pedestrians stepping into the road without looking.....

Hillsborough is absolutely awful now to drive through and also walk through ! It's such a state now i have no idea what the solution would be

always thought personally that it was a ridiculous decision to put a bus interchange there

I have to agree with the bus interchange, all that does is massively increase the flow of traffic on a junction that can't take it in the first place. It should have been relocated to the site on Bradfield Road that is now an Iceland and the whole thing should have been taken into account when they redesigned Penistone Road. But that would be joint-up thinking. So now we get bus lanes on Penistone Road but hardly ever a bus on it, whilst the majority of buses continue to use Langsett Road because of the interchange.

I have to agree with the bus interchange, all that does is massively increase the flow of traffic on a junction that can't take it in the first place. It should have been relocated to the site on Bradfield Road that is now an Iceland and the whole thing should have been taken into account when they redesigned Penistone Road. But that would be joint-up thinking. So now we get bus lanes on Penistone Road but hardly ever a bus on it, whilst the majority of buses continue to use Langsett Road because of the interchange.

I hadn't considered moving the bus interchange there and that's probably a good solution, only problem is that it's where it is currently so that people can change from bus/tram easily.