Accident in Hillsborough corner AVOID

.... and keep the main routes clear at busy times for public transport......

Minority transport should NOT be given preference over the majority of transport, ie, cars .

Thats awful. Was this the incident I mentioned earlier? We went past before any emergency services arrived and it looked like someone had been hit by a car judging by the car with the hazards on stopped in the road.

Awful yes but a different incident to the one the OP has reported - I would hazard a guess.

According to the Star

A man has died in Sheffield after being struck by a bus.

The 84-year-old was involved in a collision with a single decker on Langsett Road, at Hillsborough Corner, at 11am this morning.

A South Yorkshire Police spokeswoman said the man had died in hospital.

The elderly gentleman has passed away in hospital - so sad for family especially at this time of year

Many times I have been nearly caught out on that stretch of road because you think because the traffic has stopped towards town that automatically it will stop the other way. Also too on Hillsborough corner when you expect the traffic from Holme Lane to stop when light change opposite Subway.Surely something needs to be sorted out there because unless you cross in these places regularly you aren't aware of how the lights operate.:(

Regardless of if you cross regularly or not..just dont cross until you get the green man.. So many people dont wait and like rivelin states very easy to get caught out

Probably just a matter of time before it happens again, its always an accident waiting to happen sadly......and its confusing for older people ...very sad the gentleman passed away

As I said earlier it's a terribly designed crossing. That's no excuse for people getting killed - but there's been so many accidents over the years (including 3 deaths at least) something needs to be done.

Condolences to the poor man's family.

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 17:38 ----------

Regardless of if you cross regularly or not..just dont cross until you get the green man.. So many people dont wait and like rivelin states very easy to get caught out

Probably just a matter of time before it happens again, its always an accident waiting to happen sadly......and its confusing for older people ...very sad the gentleman passed away

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.......

That's really sad for the old man and his family.

I was on the tram which had to stop running. All sorts of stories were flying around at the bus stop, from a minibus being hit by a lorry to a child being run over.

Can I just say,I use this crossing every day & at least twice a week the green man is on and cars still go through red towards middle wood!.... My husband was crossing with the green Man yesterday & nearly got wiped out too.

So regardless of the green,make sure you are fully aware whilst using this crossing that cars do still go past!it needs sorting!

Can I just say,I use this crossing every day & at least twice a week the green man is on and cars still go through red towards middle wood!.... My husband was crossing with the green Man yesterday & nearly got wiped out too.

So regardless of the green,make sure you are fully aware whilst using this crossing that cars do still go past!it needs sorting!

Thank you for pointing this out. Please report this to the police and highways by phone as soon as possible, and then by email. They might not be aware.

Awful yes but a different incident to the one the OP has reported - I would hazard a guess.

I refer you to post #5, Dave.

Thank you for pointing this out. Please report this to the police and highways by phone as soon as possible, and then by email. They might not be aware.

Highways are aware of people jumping these lights, i have reported it before. That's the reason the yellow box has recently been repainted.