Porsche 924 and 944 owners.

Are there any 924 or 944 owners on here?.

What are peoples opinions of these models?.

Which of the two do you thing is the better car?.

The 944 is far better than the 924 which is a pile of crap only designed to give porpers a chance of owning a car carrying the Porsche badge.

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 10:42 ----------

The Porsches answer to the 190 Merc which had the same aim.

The 944 is far better than the 924 which is a pile of crap only designed to give porpers a chance of owning a car carrying the Porsche badge.

---------- Post added 26-11-2014 at 10:42 ----------

The Porsches answer to the 190 Merc which had the same aim.

I was thinking about looking at this but I'm not that clued up.

http://www.powerlease.co.uk/used-PORSCHE-944-Ampthill-Bedfordshire-556895

Have you thought of a Boxster or Boxster S, my missus has one and she swears by it, it can get down the road as fast as most and in Summer it's a little cracker.

There are loads out there with the proper history with come and get me price tags.

Have you thought of a Boxster or Boxster S, my missus has one and she swears by it, it can get down the road as fast as most and in Summer it's a little cracker.

There are loads out there with the proper history with come and get me price tags.

I've had a couple and they're great but I was thinking of something older, the difference in insurance is massive as well.

The early 924s were lacking in most departments including the beetle brakeing system but I do know the brake drums were changed to discs on the upgraded model 924.

This is a decent short history...http://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/porsche/924/

Worries me when looking at a restored car like that how much care they have taken when even the front number plate isn't on straight. Will need a lot of history and have a documented restoration for that kind of money.

Try the classic car classified websites or even pistonheads they will have loads of 944's, always best to buy from an enthusiast I have found.

Worries me when looking at a restored car like that how much care they have taken when even the front number plate isn't on straight. Will need a lot of history and have a documented restoration for that kind of money.

Try the classic car classified websites or even pistonheads they will have loads of 944's, always best to buy from an enthusiast I have found.

I did notice the number plate and wonder why a company like that would not notice it.

My first car in 89 was a 924 turbo bought it from America, if it's still out there I would love to buy it back,

My first car in 89 was a 924 turbo bought it from America, if it's still out there I would love to buy it back,

Can you remember the registration plate - then you can check if its still out there using this site?

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Unfortunately in these days of Data Protection paranoia, I can't think how you would find the current owners details, unless you went on a porker forum

Can you remember the registration plate - then you can check if its still out there using this site?

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Unfortunately in these days of Data Protection paranoia, I can't think how you would find the current owners details, unless you went on a porker forum

No luck, tried ask mid years ago as well, it's either scrapped or on a private plate