Tax evasion not benefits cost more

How do you suggest the government tackles tax evasion?

How much tax have you been dodging HH?

Whether the figures are wrong legal or illegal it is immoral that a certain section of society can get away without paying taxes on their income, these rules were set up by the privileged few to benefit themselves.

Harold Wilson once stated the a nurse paid more tax than the whole of the Vesty family (Dewhursts) and there are people here who will defend that just to be argumentative, how sad.

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 22:50 ----------

How do you suggest the government tackles tax evasion?

If they have to ask a member of the tax paying public then the are not fit to govern.

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 22:55 ----------

And yet I've heard this said, (tax avoidance/evasion costs the economy far more than benefits,) by many economists, financial gurus and pundits on TV news and political programmes, so OP isn't necessarily making things up.

Thank you very much Anna B

I can just imagine those multi millionaire must be laughing at those on here defending them with silly argumentative posts.

I started the topic to make more people aware of the great tax fiddle that is legal within our tax system for the privileged few that costs this country £Bilions every year

Whether the figures are wrong legal or illegal it is immoral that a certain section of society can get away without paying taxes on their income, these rules were set up by the privileged few to benefit themselves.

Harold Wilson once stated the a nurse paid more tax than the whole of the Vesty family (Dewhursts) and there are people here who will defend that just to be argumentative, how sad.

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 22:50 ----------

If they have to ask a member of the tax paying public then the are not fit to govern.

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 22:55 ----------

Thank you very much Anna B

I can just imagine those multi millionaire must be laughing at those on here defending them with silly argumentative posts.

I started the topic to make more people aware of the great tax fiddle that is legal within our tax system for the privileged few that costs this country £Bilions every year

Honestly you arent making any sense. Are you complaining about tax avoidance or tax evasion? They are very different and you cant seem to decide what it is you are upset about.

Tax avoidance is legal and theres nothing wrong with arranging your finances to minimise your tax liability. Many people go and get pensions advice or go and see a solicitor to find out the most tax effective way of holding or bequeathing property or get their accountant to advise. Thats just tax planning.

Tax evasion is illegal and I hope they get hunted down and fined.

Its a bit rich you calling people silly and argumentative when in fact you were wrong on the statement you made. People have been avoiding paying taxes ever since they were introduced, so not seeing anything new there.

Edited by 999tigger

As someone who owned and managed his own business for sixteen years my instructions to my accountants were that I wanted to pay every penny which the company was obliged to pay, but not a penny more.

The government make the rules, the ball is in their court, if they can't arrange a fair and reasonable arrangement given the resources, legal input and brain power that they have at their disposal, then sod em.

Tax avoidance is legal as defined by the governments own rules, tax evasion is illegal by the governments own rules.

For crying out loud, if you were able to draw up the rules what class of idiot would you need to be to lose out?

. People have been avoiding paying taxes ever since they were introduced, so not seeing anything new there.

And you think that they should be allowed to>:loopy:

Try doing that on P.A.Y.E

Are we just letting the elderly starve/freeze to death (which would also free up a huge amount of Nhs resources) because that's where a big chunk of welfare goes to - pensions.

No, the figures he quoted had nothing to do with pensions. A pathetic argument from you I'm afraid

How much tax have you been dodging HH?

Now Hypothetically speaking with a moderation of ebola tax dodging is a splendiferous distance away from tax evasion due to its spasmodic variance and non linear infraction of the time warp.

Guest sibon
Now Hypothetically speaking with a moderation of ebola tax dodging is a splendiferous distance away from tax evasion due to its spasmodic variance and non linear infraction of the time warp.

This thread just keeps on giving.

Go Korky:D

Just like the real world - everything is being dumbed down. This might as well be Twitter.

Guest sibon
Just like the real world - everything is being dumbed down. This might as well be Twitter.

I think that the first four participants in this thread have been dumbed up by the rest of us:)

This country is losing billions to both tax dodgers and the huge benefits bill. Those of us in the middle who are working for an average or less than average wage and paying P.A.Y.E. are getting shafted at both ends (Whoops, pardon).

No, the figures he quoted had nothing to do with pensions. A pathetic argument from you I'm afraid

What on earth are you on about? I know he didn't include pensions halfwit. Read this, or better get your primary carer to read it to you.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29898083 - with the welfare section are included pensions for nurses firemen etc.