Mugging weststreet sat 22/11/2014

Did your brother have his phone in his hand then?

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 13:02 ----------

How does one identify a "potential" mugger in order to "keep an eye" on them?

I would guess that these "potential" muggers are the ones hanging around West St, Devonshire Green area and the underpasses near to London Road and St Mary's Gate. They will be quietly observing people and trying to single out the drunk members of the public who are walking home on their own!

---------- Post added 24-11-2014 at 13:36 ----------

Yeh like :

Paul Kersey, Robert McCall, Harry Callahan, Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith, H.M. 'Howling Mad' Murdock, Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus, Templeton 'Faceman' Peck and for good measure, Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the fantastic four and the X Men.

Time to reclaim the streets, for us decent folk!

I like it. Remember Wilton Knights speech - "One man can make a difference".

So anyone on West Street who isn't walking then...

Oh, but what would the vigilantes be doing? Hanging about on West Street. How does one distinguish between a potential mugger (stood still), a vigilante (stood still) and a harmless member of the public walking home who's stopped for a minute (stood still)... Or indeed a mugger who has seen a victim (walking, just like the victim).

Perhaps we should have a highly trained police force, backed up by legal powers to deal with these sorts of problems.... Just an idea.

They could wear Red Berets and Yellow Tshirts with angel wings on them, be non violent, but report and record anything suspicious and crowd around anyone up to no good while the police arrive..... They could be called The Guardian Angels!!!!

Oh scrap that, all been done before!

So anyone on West Street who isn't walking then...

Oh, but what would the vigilantes be doing? Hanging about on West Street. How does one distinguish between a potential mugger (stood still), a vigilante (stood still) and a harmless member of the public walking home who's stopped for a minute (stood still)... Or indeed a mugger who has seen a victim (walking, just like the victim).

Perhaps we should have a highly trained police force, backed up by legal powers to deal with these sorts of problems.... Just an idea.

I totally agree with you that we should have more police (and more ambulance staff and more nurses etc) but due to the recent financial cutbacks staffing levels are at an all time low so preventative police patrols around the city centre just don't happen now.

Vigilantism isn't helpful or desirable though, it's not an alternative to policing.

Of course if you were volunteering then you could do this

http://www.policespecials.com/

I'm sure they'll be very glad to have some new members.

Vigilantism isn't helpful or desirable though, it's not an alternative to policing.

Of course if you were volunteering then you could do this

http://www.policespecials.com/

I'm sure they'll be very glad to have some new members.

It's attitudes like yours why vigilantism is exactly what's needed

You're so right.

Err, wait. What attitude? What on earth are you talking about?

Happens all the time, there has been a couple of threads similar in the past, I hope one day that one of these scroats gets caught and leathered !