Calor Gas Heater Problem

I bought a new portable gas heater about 14 months ago (online) and haven't actually used it a lot so far. I'm still on my first bottle of calor gas. I used it this morning for about 30 mins and suddenly the flames went out. Empty gas bottle I presumed but it feels heavy and I can hear a sloshing sound if I shake the bottle so I know it's not empty. Now the pilot light ignites the gas without a problem but when I release the button after the recommended 10 seconds the flames die. I don't want to mess around with it myself. Anyone recommend a place that services these things?

There is one in Shepcote Lane at Tinsley - website here. However, if you can get to Rawmarsh Hill in Rotherham, Rother Gas is good. Sounds as if it needs a good service.

does the pilot flame hit the thermocouple?

Yes it does. The thermocouple is bang in line with the flame.

its probably the thermocouple thats faulty then

Calor are doing free safety checks on all fires this winter with every gas bottle bought (or swapped for an empty one). There should be a card on the neck of your gas bottle with the information. I got one Saturday.

Please call fox services Sheffield

At fully qualified gas engineers