Sheffield folk 2nd most tightfisted people in the UK

Two people I always tip are my barber, who runs a really old fashioned shop, and the fella who runs the best greasy spoon in Birkenhead, because he charges less than many of the others. I'd be gutted if either of them closed.

Then at restaurants it all goes on the service I receive.

In Liverpool there's a common phrase of "take yer own" when you've had good service at the bar. Its only 10p or 20p, much cheaper than "have one for yourself".

There's another saying in Liverpool, " Take what you want" :hihi:

I dont tip no one , never have done. way i see it is they are already getting paid for providing the service for you .

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 20:38 ----------

Not if the old scroungers at the HMRC dont know about it.

What the Taxman dosnt know about , he cant do owt about. :)

I wouldn't be to sure about HMRC, I remember a big row a few years ago when they taxed people on assumed tips.By the way I agree with you on tipping I never tip either,well except for America. I think you would get assulted there if you didn't.

So what about the restaurant in Meadowhall that adds 10% to your bill and states that if you object it will be removed at the till.Somewhat emotional blackmail.

Think from the replies so far the survey is wrong ./ Would say sheffield people are the top of the list for being tight ./ Never seen so many lame brain excuses for not giiving a tip./ If a person looks after you nothing wrong with showing your appriciation if they dont give them a black look./ :hihi::hihi::hihi: