How can A&E waiting time be made shorter?

No place for a 16 kid mate, it was horrible.

I want change and I'm sure everyone else does too!

Time to stand up and be counted. The staff, nurses & doctors are brilliant!

Why so many managers?

Why so many manages not managing?

STH love their managers;) not sure why, Yes staff are brill and put up with so much crap. Things have got worse and worse , could not wait to get out. If no changes soon it will not be long before this great service is run into ground. Being well and truly abused :(

A quick Google shows foreign aid to be 1.4% of national expenditure.

---------- Post added 22-11-2014 at 18:27 ----------

I think technology should be used for more notes, but I'd rather have some detailed notes written by actual medical staff at the end of my bed so the doctor taking over on the next shift/department knows what's happening.

Paperless documentation is on the way apparently - all electronic medical and nursing notes - so expect to see nurses and doctors spending many hours sitting or standing at computers trying to keep up to date with their docs :mad:

Think it is a simple matter of more money injected = less waiting time.

No place for a 16 kid mate, it was horrible.

I want change and I'm sure everyone else does too!

Time to stand up and be counted. The staff, nurses & doctors are brilliant!

Why so many managers?

Why so many manages not managing?

How many managers are actually senior clinical staff rather than the stereotypical penpusher?

That isn't a cut to the budget though is it, that is just a refusal to increase the current budget beyond what it currently pays for.

How a hospital manages it's budget regarding the employment of agency workers compared to full time workers is the responsibility of the trust management, not the Health Secretary.

That is what you would believe if you only listened to what the front bench of the government were saying. In reality all NHS organisations have government targets to meet. If they don't meet some of them they are penalised by not having access to new schemes and funding streams.

One such target is reducing levels of workforce and especially admin staff and managers. For this reason, hospitals are reluctant to take on full time staff and individual departments find it much easier to get extra nurses through agency than actual new employees.

That is what you would believe if you only listened to what the front bench of the government were saying. In reality all NHS organisations have government targets to meet. If they don't meet some of them they are penalised by not having access to new schemes and funding streams.

One such target is reducing levels of workforce and especially admin staff and managers. For this reason, hospitals are reluctant to take on full time staff and individual departments find it much easier to get extra nurses through agency than actual new employees.

This is a budget cut how?

Think it is a simple matter of more money injected = less waiting time.

No its not./ the public abuse the systymn/ A&E is what it means . The number of people who go trivial things is unbelievable Said in an earlier post charge them £10 a visit will empty them by 90 percent./ Same at G.P.surgerys Charge them same ./ Stop the i have got a cold brigade will clear them by 50 percent alone :hihi:

No its not./ the public abuse the systymn/ A&E is what it means . The number of people who go trivial things is unbelievable Said in an earlier post charge them £10 a visit will empty them by 90 percent./ Same at G.P.surgerys Charge them same ./ Stop the i have got a cold brigade will clear them by 50 percent alone :hihi:

Where did you get the 50% and 90% figure from did you just make them up?

Part of the answer can be to increase resources, but its not the only solution. Resources help, but then you have to look at the bigger picture of who pays or what other service suffers.

Where did you get the 50% and 90% figure from did you just make them up?

Part of the answer can be to increase resources, but its not the only solution. Resources help, but then you have to look at the bigger picture of who pays or what other service suffers.

Go and sit in the sheff n.g.h for half an hour ./ Try not to fall asleep like some of them ./ Ask some what they have come for then make your own mind up ./ :hihi:

This is a budget cut how?

Because there are less full time staff to pay. :loopy:

Go and sit in the sheff n.g.h for half an hour ./ Try not to fall asleep like some of them ./ Ask some what they have come for then make your own mind up ./ :hihi:

So you made them up.

The question was about resources. That didnt exlcude other solutions that have already been suggested on this thread about the education and A&E being used for the right reason as being other helpful measures.