How can A&E waiting time be made shorter?

Do you really think it would be in the headlines that Imigrants numbers are overloading the Nhs?

Only a fool would think adding huge numbers to the demand is making no difference.

even as long ago as 2011 25% of all baby's born here were to immigrants do you think they cost nothing, in delivery, through to after care, family credits and housing? All things the ordinary tax payer is having to make cuts for to support, unless I'm missing something lol.

Perfectly correct.

Go and take a peep in A&E at the Northern, Hallamshire and the Childrens hospital right now and I'll bet that there are loads of immigrants in there.

And please spare me the "and what do immigrants look like then?" don't embarrass yourself :roll:

Just out of interest, when does someone cease to be classed as an "immigrant"? After a year here? 10 years? born here? 3rd generation born here?

People on this forum are interested in what is happening in Sheffield not some national statistic

The main thing, as people have said, is investment. We have a government who want to get rid of the NHS so they are starving it of funds and blaming the system itself. We need to put more money in and we'll get more out.

Interestingly I went for a routine test yesterday at the NGH and the Dr conducting it was from Eastern Europe, should we send her back too?

Interestingly I went for a routine test yesterday at the NGH and the Dr conducting it was from Eastern Europe, should we send her back too?

Yes, after we have invested in our own well capable people to do the job.otherwise we pay twice.we pay the immigrant Dr and we also pay for the upkeep of the shunned British person and their family.

send a cheque then.

I'm happy to pay more tax for a better system, yes.

if they havent got a GP why not?? is it because GPs are full? because we have too many new arrivals?? of course it is:roll::roll:

Got it in one

Last night I took my daughter to A&E at the northern general as she is now 16 and can't go to the children's. I was disgusted to find that the waiting time to see a doctor was three and a half hours! I saw three reception booths but only one assessment nurse! why in this day and age is there not enough staff to make this experience more efficient? How can things be made better?

Surely health care should be a priority?

What can I/we do to make change?

Because the people who are running the show are not doing a great job in my opinion, this post is not a dig at the nurses, doctors or any of the staff, it's a dig at the system because at the moment it stinks!

How can it be made better? is what I'm after.

Kick out the druggies and the drunks and you will probably sort it.

Having just seen Jeremy Hunt on the TV I am most reassured that there is no CRISIS within the A & E nor the NHS.So what are you lot all whittering over, He`s convinced me.

Having just seen Jeremy Hunt on the TV I am most reassured that there is no CRISIS within the A & E nor the NHS.So what are you lot all whittering over, He`s convinced me.

Well he's a politician - he'll say anything. GPs across the country - and indeed Sheffield if you search for threads on here have been on the precipice for years and years. It wouldn't taken much to take a few surgeries over the edge.

Mod Note:

Just a reminder racist language is not tolerated and users can get a free day off or two for using it.

If you ignore this warning, the thread will be closed.

Thanks you.

Edited by alternageek