Will Sheffield united recover there name in football

Given that there's every reason to think Sheffield United will continue to wallow round the lower leagues for the foreseeable future chances are they wouldn't want to go anyway.

People have long been bemoaning how kids these days are all "glory supporters" more likely to support Chelsea or even Real Madrid than their local team. Small clubs these days have to really work to get the good will of potential supporters, trying to sign unrepentant rapists isn't a good way to go about doing that.

Guess it's not the end of your discussion then:roll:

you now want to slag us off even more by posting the "wallow around the lower leagues" line:roll:..........agenda...........what agenda:roll:

Given that there's every reason to think Sheffield United will continue to wallow round the lower leagues for the foreseeable future chances are they wouldn't want to go anyway.

People have long been bemoaning how kids these days are all "glory supporters" more likely to support Chelsea or even Real Madrid than their local team. Small clubs these days have to really work to get the good will of potential supporters, trying to sign unrepentant rapists isn't a good way to go about doing that.

Well the crowds are up around 20% on last season so don't worry yer sen.

Have you applied any pressure to the club to get rid?

NO why ..........should i..........i thought he had been to jail for his crimes...... i don't like murderers,drunk drivers,thiefs,terrorists but they all end up back in society!!!!!

Logging off now because this thread is going round in circles and getting no where!!!!!!

Mob rule stopped him training with us,that one is easy to explain!!!!

You say the only people.........yeah right!!!!!!!

Sorry can you run this past me again, because I'm struggling to understand how Evans training with you has any connection with the laws that you listed.

NO why ..........should i..........i thought he had been to jail for his crimes...... i don't like murderers,drunk drivers,thiefs,terrorists but they all end up back in society!!!!!

Logging off now because this thread is going round in circles and getting no where!!!!!!

I thought you loved your football club? You don't like rape or rapists, but you're content to see your beloved club's reputation going down the toilet by allowing a rapist to remain with the club.

Strange set of priorities.

Irrelevant to the thread but thanks for that :thumbsup:

How is it irrelevant to the thread?

The thread was started by a Wednesdayite about United and 'Will United recover their name'.

My last post was in reply to another Wednesdayite who stated that ' mud sticks'.

All I was doing was enquiring of someone who has a lot more experience of having to live with his clubs misdeeds than I have as to how it worked out for him.

Totally on topic, but I have noticed a tendency amongst certain posters on here to be delighted to hand it out, but come over all mardy when it gets handed back.

If your that sensitive to factual criticism of your club then maybe you shouldn't invite it? :D

Oh you must be,why else would you possibly criticise united/evans.:)

Turns out that the world is just chock full of secret Wednesday supporters, many of them who've long made a pretense of supporting other clubs even United, who knew?

How is it irrelevant to the thread?

The thread was started by a Wednesdayite about United and 'Will United recover their name'.

My last post was in reply to another Wednesdayite who stated that ' mud sticks'.

All I was doing was enquiring of someone who has a lot more experience of having to live with his clubs misdeeds than I have as to how it worked out for him.

Totally on topic, but I have noticed a tendency amongst certain posters on here to be delighted to hand it out, but come over all mardy when it gets handed back.

If your that sensitive to factual criticism of your club then maybe you shouldn't invite it? :D

Spot on I fully agree with you.

And there we have it,its now turned into a wednesday debate.laughable

No it hasn't my sensitive little soul, it was always a thread about a club 'recover there name (sic) in football.

So surely it is entirely relevant to ask the more experienced amongst us as to how they thought it went for them?

Your right about it being laughable though, talk about dropping yourself in it, a Wednesday fan trying to get a rise out of United on the subject of ethics and morals. :hihi: :hihi:

This isn't a thread about comparing each Sheffield club.

It's about how United can try and recover their name in football after mishandling this saga.

Well the crowds are up around 20% on last season so don't worry yer sen.

Given the disastrous start under Weir it's hardly surprising that attendance was low early last season.

This isn't a thread about comparing each Sheffield club.

It's about how United can try and recover their name in football after mishandling this saga.

Well if anyone ever starts a thread on this forum which is critical of either club and doesn't expect a few home truths coming back at them from the other side then I would suggest that they are morons.

And for what it's worth, my answer to the question is that they should seek advice from some organization that has plenty of experience in mishandling situations that came about as a direct result of their own incompetence.

If only there was such a company somewhere local they could turn to.

Unfortunately there isn't, because what United need would be an organization that had managed to actually recover it's good name, and not keep repeating itself on the balls up front.

I can't think of one of those, so they'll just have to work it out amongst themselves. :(