Will Sheffield united recover there name in football

Ok thanks for telling me,your reason is not as bad as i thought!!!!

Would you agree with me though,that at some point we have to let this drop OR should united be damned forever until the end of time ,so to speak!!!!!

I agree that a line will be drawn, it doesn't help when members of the board makes an outburst about being forced into making what was essentially the right decision.

If I owned the club, I'd be looking at some of the people running the club and the decisions that they made, and looking for a change of direction which would undoubtably help to draw the line underneath the whole rotten incident.

Gazza , outside Sheffield no one will remember the betting case, the scandal the players names nor their prison sentances

But accept right or wrong it may take the season for the Ched affair to be forgot locally. (YES OF COURSE ITS A MORE SERIOUS OFFENCE)

To be honest,i know very little of the betting scandal,i learnt about it from older posters on here............. and no i am not going to name the older posters:hihi::hihi:

I wonder if all these people who keep banging on about this will make any constructive comments on any matches or other football related stuff, hence the football section, instead of coming on here with the holier than thou attitude.

It's difficult not to be "holier" than supporters of an unrepentant rapist.

So what you're objecting to is the "agenda" that rape is a bad thing and that giving an unrepentant rapist a prestigious job at a "family club" is a bad idea?

:suspect: How did united play yesterday, what would you have done different? Who stood out and who let the team down?

Ya know,football related stuff, as he is a lowlife, why are you wasting your time commenting on the matter.

Move on.:roll:

HE IS A RAPIST !!(UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE) AND BEING TREATED AS A RAPIST !! . rape is usually a black and white case, many feel this case is and has a twist, one cleared and one not....

I HAVE NO TIME FOR HIM.

ITS A HORRIBLE CRIME.

So why do you hope that he clears his name, if you truly believe that he's a rapist who has committed a horrible crime?

at what point are you going to move on ?

To be honest, I never want to reach a situation in life where I don't challenge somebody who seems to show more empathy towards a rapist than they do the victim.

:suspect:How did united play yesterday, what would you have done different? Who stood out and who let the team down?

Ya know,football related stuff, as he is a lowlife, why are you wasting your time commenting on the matter.

To be fair webby, there is a thread specifically for that!

So what you're objecting to is the "agenda" that rape is a bad thing and that giving an unrepentant rapist a prestigious job at a "family club" is a bad idea?

That doesn't answer my questions and you know it!!!!!!

I see "unrepentant rapist" seems to be in use a lot now,

I will again ask,what punishment do you want reaping on united or will you just settle for a "yes you are right and we should all agree to stop supporting them until you tell us otherwise"

I know i keep repeating myself(with good reason) but there is no insults or condoning of rape in my posts!!!!!!!!!!!

:suspect: How did united play yesterday, what would you have done different? Who stood out and who let the team down?

The thread title is "Will Sheffield united recover there name in football" am I not allowed to discuss that topic in this thread?

It's difficult not to be "holier" than supporters of an unrepentant rapist.

Yes you must really struggle with it.........your grace!!!!!!

---------- Post added 23-11-2014 at 18:28 ----------

The thread title is "Will Sheffield united recover there name in football" am I not allowed to discuss that topic in this thread?

WEll discuss it then,instead of telling us that the blades are disgusting!!!!!

I think everyone will move on when Evan's stops the pretence because believe it or not, the name Ched Evans will still be associated with United.

Mud sticks!

This thread was started by a WUM Wednesday fan and quite successful in the WUMing stakes it has turned out to be. :)

The first reply was from me pointing out a few salient facts in terms of clubs 'recovering their name', so on the subject of mud sticking, how well do you think Wednesday have done in that respect?

Bearing in mind that the Owls have had a few more PR disasters to their name than the Blades over the years how has it worked out for you?

There will be a return of your most famous one next year so you will have an opportunity to give us your views on the actions of your club when that happens.

Bear in mind it will not be the actions of a single employee of your club, but the actions of the club itself which will be brought into public view.

http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20141123&app=1&c=im.s1.uk.hp&s=ims1uk&rc=im.s1.uk&dc=&euip=2.127.27.35&pvaid=bbab245d757240d5bf24843ef55f969e&dt=Desktop&fct.uid=c8dcc62e7e824ee5bdbd6c1fe65f43ef&en=8VQDhNXFIEuKav5XXBQBxJa8QAj6%2ftpMxFSP2eFGBqI%3d&du=http%3a%2f%2fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2fteams%2fliverpool%2f10733827%2fHillsborough-inquest-Questions-and-answers.html&ru=http%3a%2f%2fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2fteams%2fliverpool%2f10733827%2fHillsborough-inquest-Questions-and-answers.html&ap=2&coi=239138&cop=main-title&npp=2&p=0&pp=0&ep=2&mid=9&hash=5B92F72D809611E5FF97E97669966259

That doesn't answer my questions and you know it!!!!!!

I see "unrepentant rapist" seems to be in use a lot now,

I will again ask,what punishment do you want reaping on united or will you just settle for a "yes you are right and we should all agree to stop supporting them until you tell us otherwise"

I know i keep repeating myself(with good reason) but there is no insults or condoning of rape in my posts!!!!!!!!!!!

United's punishment is a tarnished name that will make the club less attractive to potential supporters and sponsors.

As I said in my original post in this thread, United are my local club, I've previously been to see them, I would have been happy for my kids to go and see them. This is no longer the case because of the clubs attempt to sign Evans and the behaviour of the club and fans in the ensuing controversy.

This thread was started by a WUM Wednesday fan and quite successful in the WUMing stakes it has turned out to be. :)

The first reply was from me pointing out a few salient facts in terms of clubs 'recovering their name', so on the subject of mud sticking, how well do you think Wednesday have done in that respect?

Bearing in mind that the Owls have had a few more PR disasters to their name than the Blades over the years how has it worked out for you?

There will be a return of your most famous one next year so you will have an opportunity to give us your views on the actions of your club when that happens.

Bear in mind it will not be the actions of a single employee of your club, but the actions of the club itself which will be brought into public view.

http://ccs.infospace.com/ClickHandler.ashx?ld=20141123&app=1&c=im.s1.uk.hp&s=ims1uk&rc=im.s1.uk&dc=&euip=2.127.27.35&pvaid=bbab245d757240d5bf24843ef55f969e&dt=Desktop&fct.uid=c8dcc62e7e824ee5bdbd6c1fe65f43ef&en=8VQDhNXFIEuKav5XXBQBxJa8QAj6%2ftpMxFSP2eFGBqI%3d&du=http%3a%2f%2fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2fteams%2fliverpool%2f10733827%2fHillsborough-inquest-Questions-and-answers.html&ru=http%3a%2f%2fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2fsport%2ffootball%2fteams%2fliverpool%2f10733827%2fHillsborough-inquest-Questions-and-answers.html&ap=2&coi=239138&cop=main-title&npp=2&p=0&pp=0&ep=2&mid=9&hash=5B92F72D809611E5FF97E97669966259

Irrelevant to the thread but thanks for that :thumbsup: