Will Sheffield united recover there name in football

Double standards, and self imposed publicity.

ooh its that sentence again, again yes all those against it are obviously only doing it for the gravy train NOT cos they find rape a morally repugnent issue :gag:

I would really hate to think what peoples agenda is by constantly berating united on here but i wish they would stop it,i have never seen as many people get on their high horse about a subject as this one.where will it all end,lets just burn down Bramall lane now and it's the firing squad for the united board.

Oh and god help the next local club to have a scandal on their doorstep!!!!!!!

So you believe that I've got an agenda, but you really hate to think what it could be? For the record my agenda on this subject is that I think that the people running the Blades have acted in a despicable manner.

So you believe that I've got an agenda, but you really hate to think what it could be? For the record my agenda on this subject is that I think that the people running the Blades have acted in a despicable manner.

Ok thanks for telling me,your reason is not as bad as i thought!!!!

Would you agree with me though,that at some point we have to let this drop OR should united be damned forever until the end of time ,so to speak!!!!!

Edited by monzaman

Why do you hope that he clears his name? I am genuinely confused as to why you feel this. He has had one court conviction, one failed attempt at an appeal, one failed attempt to get his sentence cut.

At what point are you going to accept that he is a rapist?

HE IS A RAPIST !!(UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE) AND BEING TREATED AS A RAPIST !! . rape is usually a black and white case, many feel this case is and has a twist, one cleared and one not....

I HAVE NO TIME FOR HIM.

ITS A HORRIBLE CRIME.

at what point are you going to move on ?

HE IS A RAPIST !!(UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE) AND BEING TREATED AS A RAPIST !! . rape is usually a black and white case, many feel this case is and has a twist, one cleared and one not....

I HAVE NO TIME FOR HIM.

ITS A HORRIBLE CRIME.

at what point are you going to move on ?

I think everyone will move on when Evan's stops the pretence because believe it or not, the name Ched Evans will still be associated with United.

Mud sticks!

ooh its that sentence again, again yes all those against it are obviously only doing it for the gravy train NOT cos they find rape a morally repugnent issue :gag:

Many including myself find rape a morally repugent issue, yet many do not feel the need to go to the media !!

Its an awful crime.

And thankfully the man has been distanced from the club, Barnsley and Rotherham may be next on the "hit list" lets see if the Chuckle bros or Michael Parkinson try the same.

Ok thanks for telling me,your reason is not as bad as i thought!!!!

Would you agree with me though,that at some point we have to let this drop OR should united be damned forever until the end of time ,so to speak!!!!!

Yep:hihi::hihi: seriously though,wednesday still get the bloody betting scandal thrown in there face,so you gotta be looking at 50+ years.

I live well out side the Sheffield area, and dont see any long term damage, United did not resign Ched,

They tried to and disastrously persisted in that attempt long after it was clear to everyone else what a terrible idea it was, generating huge amounts of negative national and international press for the club in the process. Consequently for many of those who aren't fans of Sheffield United the club is now synonymous with the attempt to hire and unrepentant rapist and bitter attacks on all those who thought that was a terrible idea.

I have no time for Ched, be it i do hope he clears his name,

Why?

Yep:hihi::hihi: seriously though,wednesday still get the bloody betting scandal thrown in there face,so you gotta be looking at 50+ years.

So you mean i have to put up with it into my late 70's oh no!!!!!

Gazza , outside Sheffield no one will remember the betting case, the scandal the players names nor their prison sentances

But accept right or wrong it may take the season for the Ched affair to be forgot locally. (YES OF COURSE ITS A MORE SERIOUS OFFENCE)

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

I wonder if all these people who keep banging on about this will make any constructive comments on any matches or other football related stuff, hence the football section, instead of coming on here with the holier than thou attitude.

Move on.

I don't know you tell me, future archbishop,pope,presenter on songs of praise,i can only guess???????

Or do you want the land bramall lane stands on after you get it burnt down:roll::roll:

Forgot to mention before the mods read this,still no insults or condoning of rape from me........ok!!

So what you're objecting to is the "agenda" that rape is a bad thing and that giving an unrepentant rapist a prestigious job at a "family club" is a bad idea?