Will Sheffield united recover there name in football

No ,not always,being right or wrong can also be put down to someones opinion or feelings on a subject,which means one person can disagree with another without the need for anyone to get on their high horse and make out they and only they are right.I believe United did nothing wrong and i am entitled to that opinion,i don't think i will be struck down by lightining or burn in hell because of this(although some on here think this:roll:).

again,i will state there are no insults or condoning of rape in my post!!!!!!

Yes you are entitled to you opinion, as am I. I also agree that you are right about us all having different moral compasses. I just believe that is rape is an emotive subject that I feel is always best approached from the position of a high horse.

It's rather telling that most of the posters who think that Sheffield United will quickly "recover there name in football" are those who were all for the club rehiring an unrepentant rapist in the 1st place.

Before the attempt to sign Ched Evans I had no strong feelings towards Sheffield United, I've been the see them in the past and as my local team I would have been happy enough to take my kids to see them when they were old enough. Now I won't go to see Sheffield United again and I'd rather my kids supported pretty much anyone else, apart from maybe Liverpool or Leeds.

The behaviour of the club hierarchy and a not insignificant proportion of Sheffield United fans throughout this whole affair has been disgusting. Singing the name of an unrepentant rapist, lashing out at everyone who questioned giving an unrepentant rapist such a prestigious job, whining about "mob like behaviour".

• The woman Ched Evans raped has been forced to changed her identity more than once because of ongoing persecution by Ched Evan's supporters.
  • Female "patrons" of the club who spoke out against the club re-employing an unrepentant rapist were on the receiving end of vile abuse replete with rape threats.

They would seem to be the victims of "mob-like behaviour".

The demonstration against resigning Evans last week was organised in secret and located well away from Bramall Lane, why? Because the organisers with good reason feared the same treatment that Evan's victim, Jessica Ennis and so forth have received and worse from his "mob" of supporters . Yet throughout this whole affair it's been the rapist and his supporters have tried to pretend that they're the victims.

Die hard supporters of Sheffield United will soon move on from this but it will linger long in the minds of neutrals and potential supporters. The club are unlikely to make the national headlines for any other reason for some time so from now on for many people the prolonged attempt to hire an unrepentant rapist will be the first thing that springs to mind when anyone mentions Sheffield United, kind of hard to "recover your name" in such circumstances.

Yes you are entitled to you opinion, as am I. I also agree that you are right about us all having different moral compasses. I just believe that is rape is an emotive subject that I feel is always best approached from the position of a high horse.

Again,i will state i believe the club did nothing wrong in responding to the pfa's request to train with us.I don't think this reflects on my views on rape so i don't feel the need to get on a high horse about it.

It's rather telling that most of the posters who think that Sheffield United will quickly "recover there name in football" are those who were all for the club rehiring an unrepentant rapist in the 1st place.

Before the attempt to sign Ched Evans I had no strong feelings towards Sheffield United, I've been the see them in the past and as my local team I would have been happy enough to take my kids to see them when they were old enough. Now I won't go to see Sheffield United again and I'd rather my kids supported pretty much anyone else, apart from maybe Liverpool or Leeds.

The behaviour of the club hierarchy and a not insignificant proportion of Sheffield United fans throughout this whole affair has been disgusting. Singing the name of an unrepentant rapist, lashing out at everyone who questioned giving an unrepentant rapist such a prestigious job, whining about "mob like behaviour".

• The woman Ched Evans raped has been forced to changed her identity more than once because of ongoing persecution by Ched Evan's supporters.
  • Female "patrons" of the club who spoke out against the club re-employing an unrepentant rapist were on the receiving end of vile abuse replete with rape threats.

The demonstration against resigning Evans last week was organised in secret and located well away from Bramall Lane, why? Because the organisers with good reason feared the same treatment that Evan's victim, Jessica Ennis and so forth have received and worse from his "mob" of supporters . Yet throughout this whole affair it's been the rapist and his supporters have tried to pretend that they're the victims.

Die hard supporters of Sheffield United will soon move on from this but it will linger long in the minds of neutrals and potential supporters. The club are unlikely to make the national headlines for any other reason for some time so from now on for many people the prolonged attempt to hire an unrepentant rapist will be the first thing that springs to mind when anyone mentions Sheffield United, kind of hard to "recover your name" in such circumstances.

wrong !!!!! many of us have been against a Ched return from day one. please do some homework.

This will be tomorrows chip paper news ! wait until the press get in to the Hilsbrough disaster after the curent court case, or the next footballer to step out of line.

As the PFA , SHEFFIELD UNITEd, and even the press have moved on, perhaps its time the Owls on here let it go too.

Jessica Ennis and Dave Berry do not go to matches, in fact its Jessicas media team that issued the threat, as for Dave Berry ! well ? said it all yesterday when many were asking , as to who he is/was! Charlie Webster has issues too, supporting Mike Tyson , yet issueing threats over Ched !!

Double standards, and self imposed publicity.

It is my opinion that everything you have stated is utter tosh and it is the people who seem to be revelling in this situation who are disgusting,using a subject as sensitive as rape to propel their agenda on here!!!!!!!

The demonstration(as you call it) consisted of about 20 to 30 people who kept it secret because they didn't want anyone turning up with a different opinion to theirs and spoiling their airtime on tv,again thats just my opinion.

wrong !!!!! many of us have been against a Ched return from day one. please do some homework.

I said "a not insignificant proportion of Sheffield United fans" not "all Sheffield United fans" maybe you should work on your comprehension before telling others to do theri homework.

This will be tomorrows chip paper news ! wait until the press get in to the Hilsbrough disaster after the curent court case, or the next footballer to step out of line.

How will this stop the attempt to rehire an unrepantant rapist being the first thing that springs to mind for many people when Sheffield United are mentioned?

As the PFA , SHEFFIELD UNITEd, and even the press have moved on, perhaps its time the Owls on here let it go too.

Jessica Ennis and Dave Berry do not go to matches, in fact its Jessicas media team that issued the threat, as for Dave Berry ! well ? said it all yesterday when many were asking , as to who he is/was! Charlie Webster has issues too, supporting Mike Tyson , yet issueing threats over Ched !!

Double standards, and self imposed publicity.

This ongoing pretence that all those who spoke out against the the attempt to rehire and unrepentant rapist in some way had ulterior motives really isn't helping "Sheffield united recover there name in football".

It is my opinion that everything you have stated is utter tosh and it is the people who seem to be revelling in this situation who are disgusting,using a subject as sensitive as rape to propel their agenda on here!!!!!!!

The demonstration(as you call it) consisted of about 20 to 30 people who kept it secret because they didn't want anyone turning up with a different opinion to theirs and spoiling their airtime on tv,again thats just my opinion.

So what is my agenda? I'm not from this neck of the woods, and of all the local teams, I've watched the Blades the most, and it's their result that I look for the first.

What "agenda" would that be?

I said "a not insignificant proportion of Sheffield United fans" not "all Sheffield United fans" maybe you should work on your comprehension before telling others to do theri homework.

How will this stop the attempt to rehire an unrepantant rapist being the first thing that springs to mind for many people when Sheffield United are mentioned?

This ongoing pretence that all those who spoke out against the the attempt to rehire and unrepentant rapist in some way had ulterior motives really isn't helping "Sheffield united recover there name in football".

I live well out side the Sheffield area, and dont see any long term damage, United did not resign Ched, be it another half a dozen clubs are rumoured to be interested in doing so.

I have no time for Ched, be it i do hope he clears his name, be it that wont effect the "idiot" factor .

I travelled over for the match, and although the weeks news was debated and Ched got a mention, most Blades i met are satisfied and happy the club have now moved on..........shame the rightious members on here cant.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH

So what is my agenda? I'm not from this neck of the woods, and of all the local teams, I've watched the Blades the most, and it's their result that I look for the first.

I would really hate to think what peoples agenda is by constantly berating united on here but i wish they would stop it,i have never seen as many people get on their high horse about a subject as this one.where will it all end,lets just burn down Bramall lane now and it's the firing squad for the united board.

Oh and god help the next local club to have a scandal on their doorstep!!!!!!!

I live well out side the Sheffield area, and dont see any long term damage, United did not resign Ched, be it another half a dozen clubs are interested in doing so.

I have no time for Ched, be it i do hope he clears his name, be it that wont effect the "idiot" factor .

I travelled over for the match, and although the weeks news was debated and Ched got a mention, most Blades i met are satisfied and happy the club have now moved on..........shame the rightious members on here cant.

Why do you hope that he clears his name? I am genuinely confused as to why you feel this. He has had one court conviction, one failed attempt at an appeal, one failed attempt to get his sentence cut.

At what point are you going to accept that he is a rapist?

What "agenda" would that be?

I don't know you tell me, future archbishop,pope,presenter on songs of praise,i can only guess???????

Or do you want the land bramall lane stands on after you get it burnt down:roll::roll:

Forgot to mention before the mods read this,still no insults or condoning of rape from me........ok!!