Can I delete Messenger on Facebook?

im having problems with some abusive messages on Messenger, when I questioned the person involved, he said his account had been hacked, and one of his friends said they had received the same...

This person wasn't on my friends list so I don't know how he could do it, I'm 66 and disabled so can do without this.

Anyway after all that, what I want to know can I delete/ disable FB Messenger?

Then I wouldn't see anything...

no, you can't delete messenger, you can however block the user....

Even though he's not on my friends list?

Is your profile set to private? if so they shouldn't be able to contact you unless they are on your friends list, they can still message you but it goes into the "others" folder and not your main one, also you can turn off the messenger but you still get the messages as email type of thing.

of course you can delete messages on Facebook. login to your account and select the message you like to delete and click on delete button.

He wants to delete the programme not just a message.

Block them would be best

Best bet would be to change settings to only friends

Post removed

Edited by allysum

Messengerr and Facebook are different apps, Cannot delete them, though you can delete friend from friend list, or stop service if you are using smart phones.

Messengerr and Facebook are different apps, Cannot delete them, though you can delete friend from friend list, or stop service if you are using smart phones.

You can delete both Facebook and its Messenger app. I removed the stand alone Messenger from my Smartphone and used an old facebook version with the built in messenger...much better

adamskiec - since you're a developer - facebook has an xmpp interface and there's a few ready built clients like pidgin or stackoverflow has some code samples