Pics of what we're working on and finished projects

Being bored and impatient i decided that i was too impatient to wait until i've finished the baby blanket i'm knitting to show you all and thought ah well we can post pics of what we're working on if we like... so this is my very small at the moment baby blanket for the soon to be arriving baby bro or sis:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0533.jpg

heres a couple of close ups:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0535.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0534.jpg

and heres the actual pattern (i hope its ok to post a pic of this, if not Hecate feel free to delete it if u can or ask me to edit)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0537.jpg

i'm doing the smaller one, the blanket (the other is a shawl), it seems to be taking me ages to look like im making progress, i think its taking me about 10-15 mins to do one row, but i'll get there. And believe me i'll be asking for some help when i eventually get round to the edgings!

That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the diamond lace pattern in the centre of the squares too. They look like little flower buds. Snuggly yarn is supposed to be really soft, and you can wash it in the machine I think too.

The pic of the pattern is fine. It's only the copyrighted text of bought patterns that shouldn't be posted. A pic of the cover is fine; it just looks like the sort of thing you'd see in an online store if you were browsing for patterns.

So the edging is added after the main bit is finished, right at the end? Will you be picking up stitches, do you know? Sounds interesting :).

I was going to start a thread like this today, but my pictures so far are dreadful. I just can't get the lighting correct. You posting your photos has made me determined to get them done now though, even if I have to take the photos in the garden to get enough light!

Thanx, :) it took me ages to find a blanket pattern i liked!

Yeah the edging is added after its 'done' and cast off, i've just had a look and it is picking up stitches, i don't even want to think what kind of nightmare thats going to turn out to be! lol! but i'm trying not to think too much about it at the moment.

It took me awhile to take 'ok' pictures, lighting wasn't too bad as i used daylight through the window in my bedroom (it did mean i had to make the bed though :P ) but because the knittings long it kept looking all squashed on the needles! (still does on some pics) Yeah get some photos up, would love to see those fancy socks you were working on!

I've just remembered that I've got a picture of one bit of my knitting already on the computer.

Here is Oliver, in a jumper I made last year which is a pattern called Ollie the Owl. He was really chuffed with the name :) . Excuse the blurring. I haven't checked with his mum to see if she'd mind me putting a photo of him on the net.

Thanx, :) ...it is picking up stitches, i don't even want to think what kind of nightmare thats going to turn out to be! lol! but i'm trying not to think too much about it at the moment. ...

Don't worry too much about that. I've done a bit of it before, though only on socks and a little bit on Oliver's jumper. It isn't that difficult once you get into it. It's basically just putting the needle through the knitted fabric, wrapping the yarn around the needle, then pulling it back through the fabric.

I've just remembered that I've got a picture of one bit of my knitting already on the computer.

Here is Oliver, in a jumper I made last year which is a pattern called Ollie the Owl. He was really chuffed with the name . Excuse the blurring. I haven't checked with his mum to see if she'd mind me putting a photo of him on the net.

Wow, thats great...you're good! It looks really professional!

Don't worry too much about that. I've done a bit of it before, though only on socks and a little bit on Oliver's jumper. It isn't that difficult once you get into it. It's basically just putting the needle through the knitted fabric, wrapping the yarn around the needle, then pulling it back through the fabric.

Oh good, that doesn't sound too bad!

I've finally got around to taking some photos. Be warned; the lighting isn't too good. Need more practice I think.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures of a pair of Jaywalker socks. This is the pattern I'm going to be working on in the 'Hecate's Guide to DPNs' thread. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino in 'Indian Summer' from Get Knitted.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Here's a couple of the Pomatomus socks from Knitty. The yarn is again Cherry Tree Hill Supersock merino, but this time in 'Peacock'. The colour is quite dark, so it was a bugger to photograph. I think you can see the pattern, which I love, though I'm not too keen on the way the yarn has added the extra stripes. I think I'm going to make them again in a different yarn.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Here's a quick picture of a pair of socks I knitted from Opal self-stripeing yarn. They're just in basic stocking stitch. Nice, but the yarn is a bit scratchy.

Stripey

Fantastic socks - love the Indian summer colourway -mmmmmmm.

That is going to be a beautiful blanket Rooty.

Must find the camera to photograph my bits:-o

LisaH xxx

Fantastic socks! i never really thought about knitting socks to be honest until recently, but i think i'll add it to my list of things i want to knit!

I can see what you mean about the unexpected stripeyness in those socks but they are still lovely! And the pattern is gorgeous! The Jaywalker ones are really nice too, like the colour!

Fantastic socks! i never really thought about knitting socks to be honest until recently, but i think i'll add it to my list of things i want to knit!

I can see what you mean about the unexpected stripeyness in those socks but they are still lovely! And the pattern is gorgeous! The Jaywalker ones are really nice too, like the colour!

Thanks!

Have a look at the 'Hecate's Guide to Knitting on DPNs' thread. I'm posting a series about how to knit socks on DPNs, using the Jaywalker pattern as the example. It's got photos taken by me too (I've just discovered the close-up setting on my camera... :) .)

Here's a photo of yet another adventure into sock making. This pattern was from an issue of 'Interweave Knits'. I can't recall the name at the minute, I'll have to look it up later.

I think I made the leg a little short though; the foot looks huge by comparison. Well the person I knitted them for did ask for ankle socks... Good job really.

Being bored and avoiding coursework thats got to be in on friday...:help: i thought i'd use my time wisely ( :P ) and post an update of the blanket im knitting.

Here it was nearly 2 week ago: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0533.jpg

and here it is today: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0546.jpg its getting bigger :D (sorry the lighting isn't great)

heres a couple more close ups:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0552.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g51/rooty2/Knitting/DSCN0550.jpg

It looks a little bit bunched up but it shouldn't be when its all cast off. Btw, if you can see something yellow running through the knitting, there just my 'lifelines' incase i need to unravel.