Noisy Neighbours

Are you going to buy me one?

Seriously, why do people post stuff like this? its not helpful, I wouldn't waste my time posting if it was just a bit of noise occasionally, but it isn't. Such noise can have a devastating impact on people's lives, it is not just a silly thing.

oh and its next door, it would be the same even I lived in a house.

You posted 'I have always had problems with its various occupants, !'

dont think anyone else had as many problem as you by the way you said it

Well you think it's the slightest noise - he could be barking at a prowler about to climb in through your bedroom window!

It could be, but I doubt it. Lo and behold it woke me up at 5am this morning, so I'm slightly peed off. I was looking forward to a lie in :(

The dog barks when it hears me move around. Fortunately I don't spend much time here, and I'll be leaving soon when my contract expires.

I shouldn't have to resort to wearing earplugs to get some sleep.

So many people post suggesting that the way to deal with a noisy neighbour is to become one as well.

So childish

It is somewhat childish. It also relies on the offending neighbour having the intelligence to realise the motive of your actions and that if they can hear you you can hear them. Also, they have to actually give two figs about it; some people are just selfish. It could end up escalating.

My brother had a very bad case of neighbour noise nuisance a couple oh years ago. He contacted the appropriate department at the council and they supplied him with noise recording equipment. He also had to keep a noise diary. It Was driving him mad,he lost weight and became depressed. Although the process took months the council did support my brother,the person had his equipment seized twice but just got another stereo. It eventually went to court and he was evicted. Make sure you start to log everything as evidence and get support from the noise nuicence team immediately. Best of Luck

Well, after a hiatus, the problem has started again, a woman shouting at the top of her voice, often screaming like a Banshee, starts around 12AM and co go on to about three, male voices shouting occasionally to add to the cacophony, usually accompanied by loud bangs. I thought they were shift workers letting off a bit of steam after work, but today i saw her go out today and get into a very nice car indeed, so are not sure.

It is beginning to have an effect on my mental health as it is so loud, often aggressive, etc.

Edited by gamezone07

Your no better than your neighbour if you return the noise levels.
Plus to be honest, I've found out from experience that noisy neighbours aren't particularly bothered about noise themselves! If you start playing loud music at inconvenient times, they'll just see it as a free-for-all and feel vindicated to shout whenever they want. It won't really bother them.

I don't think there's a lot the council can do really - last I knew there was some sort of law about repetitive noise (techno-type music for instance), but I don't think there's anything about shouting.

But there sould be something that can be done, noise pollution is a serious issue.

but I don't think there's anything about shouting

kidley

There is things like antisocial behaviour

But there sould be something that can be done, noise pollution is a serious issue.
Yep I agree, totally. I suppose you could write to the council and see what they say? If their behaviour is already aggressive then obviously the last thing you want to do is go round and ask them to keep it down.

Are there other neighbours being affected by the noise? If you could get others to write to the council to show it's having an impact on a number of people then that would strengthen your case. But either way you should definitely write to them.

Well, after a hiatus, the problem has started again, a woman shouting at the top of her voice, often screaming like a Banshee, starts around 12AM and co go on to about three, male voices shouting occasionally to add to the cacophony, usually accompanied by loud bangs. I thought they were shift workers letting off a bit of steam after work, but today i saw her go out today and get into a very nice car indeed, so are not sure.

It is beginning to have an effect on my mental health as it is so loud, often aggressive, etc.

Perhaps report it as a domestic disturbance to the police on 101.

Not to waste police time, but if they are shouting and banging then it could well be an argument that's escalated.

Don't environmental health come and put microphones in to record any disturbances from noisy neighbours?

Plus to be honest, I've found out from experience that noisy neighbours aren't particularly bothered about noise themselves! If you start playing loud music at inconvenient times, they'll just see it as a free-for-all and feel vindicated to shout whenever they want. It won't really bother them.

I don't think there's a lot the council can do really - last I knew there was some sort of law about repetitive noise (techno-type music for instance), but I don't think there's anything about shouting.

I think if its between 11 pm and 7 am they will take action. I know this because I used to have noisy neighbours and was disappointed to find out I could do nothing about their shouting at each other for hours on end because it usually stopped at around 11 pm.