Curzon cinema, George Street

I went to the Curzon for the first time a few weeks ago and both me and the other loved it. We've both agreed that for big sci-fi action films it wouldn't work so we'll stick to Cineworld for those, but for more involving dramas that don't rely on heavy special effects the Curzon is wonderful. I much prefer it to the Showroom, but after the Showroom refurb I'll have to see. Very pleased to see cinemas like this popping up in Sheffield.

I have been wondering how it is doing. I went soon after it opened and was impressed by it and wish it well.

However, most of the films it shows can also be seen at either the Showroom or the Odeon and, unless I am mistaken, it prices are higher. So what is its unique selling point?

The prices have recently been reduced by quite a bit. £8.50 seems to ring a bell. It is the nicest venue of all the cinemas, seems to be the main selling point.

The prices have recently been reduced by quite a bit. £8.50 seems to ring a bell. It is the nicest venue of all the cinemas, seems to be the main selling point.

One thing going against it is the loyalty of Showroom customers. The Showroom has built up a loyal following, because it is a venue its customers are used to.

I had experience of this myself recently, when I suggested that we go to the Curzon instead of the Showroom for a change. The response was 'no' on the grounds that we would be letting the Showroom down.

can u go in just for a drink?

Yes. To be honest I've been up with my own drinks just to have a look.

Yes. To be honest I've been up with my own drinks just to have a look.

cheers for swift reply. looking for a watering hole near to Mulberry tavern!

cheers for swift reply. looking for a watering hole near to Mulberry tavern!

Head of Steam, Cruciible Corener or Brown Bear all near by and decent for different reasons.

The rooftop bar is great and well worth a visit if it's not raining or snowing, but a bit limited beer choice. An expensive bottle of pale ale is maybe the best bet. The lobby bar is hardly a bar at all.

We had a drink in lobby bar. Choice of bottles ok and OH was happy enough.