Fairness to society

That's not an example. It's a statement about people having bought car insurance. It's not even an analogy. Car insurance is nothing to do with health, how does it relate to compulsory health insurance for some sports?

What happens if someone doesn't have insurance? Left out in the woods/roadside to rot...

Who decides what requires insurance and what doesn't? Newcomer01 decides...

And how is this not a move towards the general health insurance of the US?

Simples....

No fixation on sport Barleycorn ,just an example.By the way I think the comment that you made on risk is absolutely bang on .Perhaps had I used the word risk,rather than try to give an example then perhaps there may have been more positive comments rather than trying to make interpretations of a possible ulterior motive that I may be making.

The fact that that there is an abundance of critics being abusive towards the NHS,and then aportioning blame without ever making any comment of a viable alternative

Everything in life carries a risk. That isn't a reason to require private health insurance.

No fixation on sport Barleycorn ,just an example.By the way I think the comment that you made on risk is absolutely bang on .Perhaps had I used the word risk,rather than try to give an example then perhaps there may have been more positive comments rather than trying to make interpretations of a possible ulterior motive that I may be making.

The fact that that there is an abundance of critics being abusive towards the NHS,and then aportioning blame without ever making any comment of a viable alternative

So have another go and what is it you are proposing?

I dont see an abundance of critics being abusive towards the NHS. You made a post about the NHS including measures youd like to see taken and people pointed out the flaws.

You talk about the founding of the NHS and then your measures seem to undermine the principles on which it functions.

that it meet the needs of everyone

that it be free at the point of delivery

that it be based on clinical need, not ability to pay

ps everything involves risk.

Everything you do carries some form of risk, we would therefore require some form of all encompassing insurance to cover any eventually. The I see it we have two choice, we can either opt for private medical insurance (where the amount of cover is determined by how much you can afford to pay) with our needs taken care of in private hospitals or we can all pay towards the financing of a healthcare system which provides for everyone, regardless of their ability to pay. Funding could be from some for of taxation, a bit like national insurance.

jb