Midnight! does it exist?

Maybe, but what would all of these people been doing otherwise!!

I applaud yorky15 for providing a purpose for these individuals' otherwise misspent synapses...

How many years has someone spent alive when they celebrate their 100th birthday?

100, but they're really celebrating their 101st birthday or, to put it correctly, the 100th anniversary of their birthday.

(Mods, it's not too late to switch this thread to the I'm Bored forum. :))

Thanx for your sentiments Ricky Redgate and your brilliant idea in using a phone to solve my problem. Why didn't I think of that?

It is too late though as I ordered a pizza instead!

---------- Post added 22-11-2014 at 23:52 ----------

The weird thing is. They said it would be delivered at midnight and it never arrived. How strange that is.

Does Midnight exist?:confused:

100, but they're really celebrating their 101st birthday or, to put it correctly, the 100th anniversary of their birthday.

(Mods, it's not too late to switch this thread to the I'm Bored forum. :))

Are they not in fact celebrating the completion of their one hundred years existence on the planet?

Should they have the misfortune to die on their hundredth birthday then they would have existed for precisely 100 years wouldn't they?

As I said previously, they were not born at the age of 1 were they?

They had to live for twelve months before they were 1 didn't they?

So in fact, they are not celebrating their 101st birthday, but the commencement of their first day of their 101st year on the planet aren't they?

How on Earth is it logical to put 12 before 1 or include 0 as a number?

Which rules are you talking about, could you provide a link to them?

I notice you ignored the visualised question I asked.

To explain the logical approach...

If we did it your way, and began a 24 hour day with 00:00:00 (zero, nothing, void), then it would end with 23:59:59 and would be a 23:59:59 hour day, rather than a 24 hour day.

If, for some reason, you count zero as a number then how do you count a minute?

Consider that these green dots represent seconds...

There are 60 seconds (dots), should we include the void that comes before and delete a dot off the end? Do you consider that logical and/or sensible?

Or should we bring the 60th dot to the beginning, start with 60, following with 1,2,3, right through to 59?

Next, on to hours, if we're talking a 12 hour clock, then there's 2 sets of twelve, the am set and the pm set;

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 am

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 pm

each number represents the completion of an hour in that set. What you seem to be suggesting is that it's logical to rearrange them as such...

12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

..and you think that's logical and/or sensible?

Nitpicking, of course, trolls and idiots though? I'm disappointed in you Dosxuk, you're the one throwing insults

---------- Post added 22-11-2014 at 14:54 ----------

I haven't suggested otherwise, I was correcting Andy, who said it was the same as 01:00 + 1/2 a day, which it clearly isn't.

What makes you say that? Is it because you read my post wrong?

---------- Post added 22-11-2014 at 15:15 ----------

Andy, I possibly owe you an apology after re-reading your post.

I realise now it's not yourself who's been saying 13:00pm, it's others, you're just quoting them.

They are wrong, there is no 13:00pm, just 13:00 or 1:00pm.

STREWTH!

You're all insane.

Midnight exists.

Midnight is the moment when the sun is at exactly your longitude , plus or minus 180°.

Midday is when the sun is exactly at your longitude. When it is highest in the sky.

Midnight is the exact opposite - when the sun is at it's lowest and most fully obscured by the planet.

STREWTH!

You're all insane.

Midnight exists.

Midnight is the moment when the sun is at exactly your longitude , plus or minus 180°.

Midday is when the sun is exactly at your longitude. When it is highest in the sky.

Midnight is the exact opposite - when the sun is at it's lowest and most fully obscured by the planet.

We are not all insane, it has already been pointed out that midday is 12 o clock in the afternoon, when the sun is out, and 12 o clock midnight is at night, when the moon is out.

However, leaving that aside, what are your views on the use of zero when counting years in an attempt to determine age or Millennium?

This is now the crucial point, as Yorky has sorted out his luncheon reservation by phone the issue is now all about who can count to a hundred without including a zero.

Please concentrate on the problem at hand. :)

midday is 12 o clock in the afternoon

Please concentrate on the problem at hand. :)

No! no no no no no!!!!

It doesn't become afternoon until after midday, since midday is noon.

Pay attention!! :help:

No! no no no no no!!!!

It doesn't become afternoon until after midday, since midday is noon.

Pay attention!! :help:

So for one second and only one second it is noon, in the very next second it is afternoon.

I'm putting you down as one of dosxuk's nitpickers, although also not a bad lad I'm sure. :)

Are they not in fact celebrating the completion of their one hundred years existence on the planet?

Should they have the misfortune to die on their hundredth birthday then they would have existed for precisely 100 years wouldn't they?

As I said previously, they were not born at the age of 1 were they?

They had to live for twelve months before they were 1 didn't they?

So in fact, they are not celebrating their 101st birthday, but the commencement of their first day of their 101st year on the planet aren't they?

But their first birthday was when they popped out. When they celebrate the first anniversary of this event it's really their second birthday. Of course nobody calls it as such, including me. :)

But their first birthday was when they popped out. When they celebrate the first anniversary of this event it's really their second birthday. Of course nobody calls it as such, including me. :)

So what your saying is that it would be more appropriate to stay happy first anniversary of your birthday, then happy second anniversary of your birthday, and so on and so forth. :hihi:

I think I'll stick to wishing people happy birthday.

So what your saying is that it would be more appropriate to stay happy first anniversary of your birthday, then happy second anniversary of your birthday, and so on and so forth. :hihi:

I think I'll stick to wishing people happy birthday.

No, I'm not really saying that. As I said before this thread ought to be in the I'm Bored forum. :)