Midnight! does it exist?

Strange, but is it just my logic? I received a discount voucher for a restaurant which gave a discount up to 12pm on Sunday. I then thought is this 12pm midday or 12pm midnight. Does 12pm midnight exist? Is it pm or am?

Thanks Charmer, so when is 12pm? I would have thought that anytime after 12 would be would be pm or am, but when it is dead on 12, when is that?:loopy:

Strange, but is it just my logic? I received a discount voucher for a restaurant which gave a discount up to 12pm on Sunday. I then thought is this 12pm midday or 12pm midnight. Does 12pm midnight exist? Is it pm or am?

Ante Meridiem, meaning before midday and Post Meridiem, meaning after midday.

Midnight come both before and after midday so it must be both. :)

Is this a trick question?

Or have we somehow merged with the Essex forum :hihi:

Cheers Charmer:(, that's a shame I wanted to use the voucher on Sunday night before midnight.

12 PM is midday

12 PM is the short version of 12 hours Post Meridiem which means 12 hours after midday.

So 12pm is midnight. I will book the table and hope they will honour the voucher. Bon appetit.

I dont thing you can say 12pm or 12 am. It should, imho, be 12 noon or 12 midnight.

As 12 IS the meridiem, how can it be anti or post?

Midnight is not 12:00 it is 00:00.

So 12pm is midnight. I will book the table and hope they will honour the voucher. Bon appetit.

They will not. 12 pm is noon.

I dont thing you can say 12pm or 12 am. It should, imho, be 12 noon or 12 midnight.

As 12 IS the meridiem, how can it be anti or post?

Your opinion is the correct one. However, when people incorrectly put an am or pm after 12, am means midnight and pm means midday.