Insulting, slightly intimidating message on messenger?

ive received a veiled intimidating message from someone that I've never spoken to, but I've seen this person around on the site where we have a caravan.

It's also insulting, as I'm disabled and 67 yrs old I can do without this...

Anyone know what I could do, I was thinking of ringing the owners of the site, I don't want this snowballing into something I can't handle..

I also don't want my hubby thinking he's got have any stand up arguments with this person, my hubby's the same age as me, this mans in his 40's

:(

Few questions because this isn't the whole story.

You have never spoken to him, yet he has your contact details? How?

Did something occur that might have triggered this behaviour? It would be very odd if someone decided to intimidate an OAP (sorry to call you that) for no reason.

How veiled was the intimidation, are you sure you are not seeing ghosts?

Has the message come from a service the caravan site provides like a forum? Stick him on ignore and don't socialize with them, report him to the site assuming they facilitate the messaging.

If I were in your shoes I'd let the site owner know about the message and tell him that you're worried. Please tell us more about the content of the message - it's hard to know what's going on otherwise.

Thanks for answering, yes I'm ringing the site owners tomorrow, and I am an OAP ? He's not on my friends list but I have friends on his, I can only assume he's got through that way through messenger..

Some of the words were "hiya tubby" "ignorant sod' " fatso" he found a photo of mine and drew moustache beard and massive eyebrows in thick black felt tip..

All this in a joking manner ( supposedly) as I've never spoken to the man before this is wierd...

He's a big friend of the outgoing wardens, they were sacked, I've no idea why, but I didn't get involved with the weeping and wailing from other van owners when these wardens went, maybe I didn't look sorry enough I don't know...

Warn him that you will report him to the police WHEN this happens again, don't do it if it has stopped now. Make sure you keep all the messages you receive (if necessary make screenshots).

He could face a nasty case of harassment if he carries on, some people unfortunately still need educating about the fact that what you say through social media (of any sort) actually arrive in exactly the same manner as when said in public/to your face.

We have a long way to go as a digital society.

In the mean-time, don't respond, it might go away, also consider moving to a different caravan site if possible, this one sounds like it is even worse than most.

Warn him that you will report him to the police WHEN this happens again, don't do it if it has stopped now. Make sure you keep all the messages you receive (if necessary make screenshots).

He could face a nasty case of harassment if he carries on, some people unfortunately still need educating about the fact that what you say through social media (of any sort) actually arrive in exactly the same manner as when said in public/to your face.

We have a long way to go as a digital society.

In the mean-time, don't respond, it might go away, also consider moving to a different caravan site if possible, this one sounds like it is even worse than most.

Thanks for this advice, we're still going to speak to the site owners tomorrow ☎️

Just make sure you print these things off so you have a hard copy.

Just make sure you print these things off so you have a hard copy.

Thanks for all the advice, I've since found out he says it's his FBaccount that's been hacked, and a couple of his friends off the site have had the same thing.

I got another one on my Messenger this morning, supposed to have come off the same person..

I've deactivated my account for a while cos it's getting a bit tiresome now, but I can't get rid of Messenger :huh::huh: