Best free places to park round Hallamshire Hospital..

My old mum has had a stroke so I may be visiting the Hallamshire for a few weeks, can anyone tell me the best free places to park around the Hospital (I'm quite fit so don't mind a 10-15 minute walk)

Shearwood Road and Wilkinson Street both have 3 hours free parking bays but getting one depends on the time of day. I'd also recommend Clarkehouse Rd and Newbould Lane outside of rush hour times, but in truth you will be lucky to get somewhere free around there, parking is a nightmare.

If you're visiting on a Sunday some city centre car parks are £1 all day. If you want free then you could be looking at Crookesmoor.

Free parking around there you got more chance of winning the lottery

Sorry to hear about your mum.

The parking facilities for the Hallamshire, Jessops, and Children's hospitals is Sheffield's shame.

Best wishes to your mum speedy.

Thanks for all the suggestions and kind words.

Does anyone know what the time limit is at Waitrose? (I could probably do that in about 10-15mins)

Try top of lawson Rd Broomhill above the residents zone. That should be an easy walk in less than 15 mins

What about the bottom end of Crookes? I'm sure some of the streets around School Road are free and not for permit holders only.

There is Milton Street Carpark - think it's £2.50 a day. I know it isn't free but as a thought just in cases. Sorry to hear about your mom though Speedy.

Sorry to hear that.

There is always free unlimited parking in the side roads off Rustlings Road during the day near Endcliffe Park. 15-20 minutes walk max. Walk down to Hunters Bar, up Brocco Bank (the only hill) and along Clarkson Road and you're there. Nice walk. I used to do it regularly as part of my walk to work when I worked there. Hope she gets better soon.

For evening visiting times Jessops car park is not patrolled after 6pm and a lot of the on street spaces are only chargeable until 6.30pm (Northumberland road) or the bus lane opposite the children's hospital A&E on western bank is used for parking after the bus lane ends at 7pm

Our daughter was in the scbu for a whopping 23 weeks so I got crafty. ;)

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 19:34 ----------

However in the day it's just luck of the draw. I was once an hour trying to park while my daughter was crashing in scbu. When I finally got parked and got up to her she had stopped breathing and I wasn't with her because I couldn't park.