Sheffield Half Marathon now open for entries

Has the new route been decided yet?

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 17:13 ----------

Just found the new proposed route..... Endcliffe Park upto Ringinglow road and on to the norfolk arms! Ouch! :gag:

No PB on this course.

Edited by Hinzy9

Has the new route been decided yet?

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 17:13 ----------

Just found the new proposed route..... Endcliffe Park up Ringinglow road to the norfolk arms! Ouch!

That sealed it for me. I'm entering though trying to put memories of knackering my achilles on Knowle Lane the other year out of my head.

Well done to the organisers - this will show off Sheffield to the max.

much better course imo.

its Sheffield it should have hills ;)

It's a much more scenic course but I do fear the long 3 mile climb will put people off.

Edited by Hinzy9

smart move to move away from the old course. Sweep away any connections with the old race.

If they switched the loop around then it would probably seem less daunting.

The section along eccy road from knowle lane to dore is pretty flat which would give you a bit of recovery time before climbing up to sheephill.

I do love fast flat half marathons; but I'm equally as excited about doing this new route!

It's a much more scenic course but I do fear the long 3 mile climb will put people off.

Can`t picture all of the route. How does the climb and the total climb compare to Buxton and Eyam?

Don't know how it compares to those but its 3 miles at an average of 4%.

I've run it loads of times (but via whiteley woods, fordge dam etc) , it's never that steep but just a long drag.

Don't know how it compares to those but its 3 miles at an average of 4%.

I've run it loads of times (but via whiteley woods, fordge dam etc) , it's never that steep but just a long drag.

Yeah, true. I do enjoy that run and then up over the top and down to Eccy Woods and then Abbeydale Road.

Can`t picture all of the route. How does the climb and the total climb compare to Buxton and Eyam?
A mate mapped it at short of 1000ft of total elevation. I don't think it's going to be as bad as people think though. Stiff climb in the early-middle miles but 6 miles of constant downhill / flat to finish. Not a PB course but nothing like Eyam.