Is the threat of War profitable to people in places?

Smedley Darlington Butler was a United States Marine Corps major general, the highest rank authorized at that time, and at the time of his death in 1940 he was the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. This is a copy of the speech he delivered in 1933.

You sound scared. Are you scared?

I don't know really :confused::confused::confused:

I know the kind of vile hatred they teach over there has no place in society, it's a question of how/when it effects us.

No-one wants to see another Lee Rigby or 7/7 attack

I know the kind of vile hatred they teach over there has no place in society, it's a question of how/when it effects us.

Ill be honest. The more i know the more i find out the more scared i become. :(

I think that statement represents the thoughts of many.

The only reason I ask is because it seems as soon as one conflict threat dissapears another one appears. It almost seems as if Goverments like the threat of war to be hanging over our heads. I know the media overhype stuff but just recently their almost always seems to be someone flexing their muscles over a bit of rock, or some other stupidness.

So genuine question, is the threat of war profitable, either financially, politically or otherwise to our world leaders?

Thanks

Is war profitable? Ask the Rockefellers. They financed both sides in WW2 WW1 Vietnam (through Russian Rockerfeller owned and run arms plants) and loads and loads more besides. Look it up but it may keep you awake at night.

Is war profitable? Ask the Rockefellers. They financed both sides in WW2 WW1 Vietnam (through Russian Rockerfeller owned and run arms plants) and loads and loads more besides. Look it up but it may keep you awake at night.

The Americans had to ask Lucky Luciano to release the navy, kinda says it all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collaborations_between_the_United_States_government_and_Italian_Mafia

I didnt know that. It just goes to show hoe corrupt that country really is.

I didnt know that. It just goes to show hoe corrupt that country really is.

Don't knock America. It saved your ass twice in the space of half a century. Nobody in Britain was complaining when the Yanks were shipping over hundreds of aircraft, tanks, artillery and other hardware in 1940 to help Neville Chamberlain fight the war he started.

Fast forward to now

China is spending billions on building a world power navy to throw it's weight around in the Pacific and Putin going all out to restore Russia's military power to that of the Soviet era.

They've both got loads of money to finance their military build up. Doesn't look good for the future

war is a very real threat , for instance its not on our news but in Zimbabwe they say when Mugabe dies there may be war , people are frightened of what the future holds and as ordinary people there is nothing we can do to stop governments causing war

Don't knock America. It saved your ass twice in the space of half a century.

It did no such thing. Look into it and try to ignore the stuff that makes you look good. Most of that is made up lies. To say america is the gangster of the globe is not giving it enough weight by a country mile. Your first statememnt shows the sheer arrogance and ignorance you posses.

Smile fella :)

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 15:53 ----------

war is a very real threat , for instance its not on our news but in Zimbabwe they say when Mugabe dies there may be war , people are frightened of what the future holds and as ordinary people there is nothing we can do to stop governments causing war

Dont worry. we have Uncle S to 'save our ass'.

Don't knock America. It saved your ass twice in the space of half a century. Nobody in Britain was complaining when the Yanks were shipping over hundreds of aircraft, tanks, artillery and other hardware in 1940 to help Neville Chamberlain fight the war he started.

You must have some really odd and interesting history text books to consider that a proper view of history :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Look up 'War profiteering' in Wikipedia, and you will realise that war is a massive business with massive sums of money involved. And we all know how people will go to great lengths to protect their business interests.

It's also useful to governments to keep their people in fear, both as a means of control, and as a means to present themselves as the only ones who can 'save' the population from impending doom.

If you think this kind of thing only happens in North Korea you'd be wrong.

---------- Post added 19-11-2014 at 17:05 ----------

Fast forward to now

China is spending billions on building a world power navy to throw it's weight around in the Pacific and Putin going all out to restore Russia's military power to that of the Soviet era.

They've both got loads of money to finance their military build up. Doesn't look good for the future

And neither was America. It wasn't a gift, they charged us every last nickel plus hefty interest for the privelege. We were still paying it back until the early years of the 21st century.

I don't know what sort of history you were taught but I always thought Adolf Hitler started the war, not Neville Chamberlain....

Edited by Anna B