Cllr Jack Scott Stands Down Over Dump It Site Dispute

It was some old roof insulation if you must know
ah so trade waste then :roll:

ah so trade waste then :roll:

No because as I wrote I did the work myself :rolleyes:

Just playing devils advocate here, and I seriously dont know the answers, but how many other local authorities (or their contractors) allow vans to go into domestic waste landfill sites without the need for a paid permit?[/Quote

Chesterfield[/quote

It appears Chesterfield does have restrictions ref trade waste dumping

on Houseold Waste disposal sites

Vehicle access

Cars and small vans up to 3.5 tonne gross vehicle weight (that is standard Ford transit size or equivalent) and trailers less than two metres in length are allowed on site.

You do not need a permit to enter any of our sites.

Height barriers may be in operation to keep trade vehicles out.

Waste delivered in a vehicle other than a private car or trailer may be queried on the suspicion that it is trade waste.

My local tip has height restrictions and ANPR cameras at the entrance. Out of the area and you allegedly get a letter warning you to use your own local tip.

Just playing devils advocate here, and I seriously dont know the answers, but how many other local authorities (or their contractors) allow vans to go into domestic waste landfill sites without the need for a paid permit?[/Quote

Chesterfield[/quote

It appears Chesterfield does have restrictions ref trade waste dumping

on Houseold Waste disposal sites

Vehicle access

Cars and small vans up to 3.5 tonne gross vehicle weight (that is standard Ford transit size or equivalent) and trailers less than two metres in length are allowed on site.

You do not need a permit to enter any of our sites.

Height barriers may be in operation to keep trade vehicles out.

Waste delivered in a vehicle other than a private car or trailer may be queried on the suspicion that it is trade waste.

The height barriers to keep the trade out are useless when you enter the tip in a minibus . I know a couple of trades lads who have got rid of their vans and bought a minibus and stripped out all the seats , technically turning it into a van ,but as it is officially a minibus on the logbook they can use the tip the same as any other minibus. A mate who is a foreman at one the sheffield dumps told me a lot of tradesmen are also buying people carriers and ripping out the back five seats ,again technically making it a van ,but still entitled to enter the tip because their vehicle is officially a car.

People are starting to find ways around the councils pathetic rules and regs to get shut of their rubbish at the tips.

As you posted it was a lot better when just the council ran the tips and backhanders were the order of the day. I never knew those things happened until I read your early postings.

Maybe when UKIP take over things will be better

Edited by bazjea

We need to keep Sheffield clean..

It's had a good wesh this evening.

As you posted it was a lot better when just the council ran the tips and backhanders were the order of the day. I never knew those things happened until I read your early postings.

Maybe when UKIP take over things will be better

Its was the perfect situation for the tadesmen and the lads who worked at the tips back in the day before the council subbed them out to Violia and the barriers went up. The lads at the tips wernt on much of a wage so owt half decent that was dumped in the tip by the public was sold on by the lads to top up their wages . A lad i remember back them used to come in the boozer every day after work with some decent tackle he sold on , and their other "Bonus" was a few quid in the back pocket from the plumbers, joiners, builders, etc for turning a blind eye to them using the tips to get rid of the rubbish they generated on jobs to save paying for a skip. It was how it worked back them because there wernt any cameras at the tips .

Yeah, they wernt supposed to use the tips , but back them there wasnt the fly tipping problem there is now the large vans are barred from the tips.

Its was the perfect situation for the tadesmen and the lads who worked at the tips back in the day before the council subbed them out to Violia and the barriers went up. The lads at the tips wernt on much of a wage so owt half decent that was dumped in the tip by the public was sold on by the lads to top up their wages . A lad i remember back them used to come in the boozer every day after work with some decent tackle he sold on , and their other "Bonus" was a few quid in the back pocket from the plumbers, joiners, builders, etc for turning a blind eye to them using the tips to get rid of the rubbish they generated on jobs to save paying for a skip. It was how it worked back them because there wernt any cameras at the tips .

Yeah, they wernt supposed to use the tips , but back them there wasnt the fly tipping problem there is now the large vans are barred from the tips.

Pssssstttt! Got any £3 fags Dessy?