Worst Road Surface In Sheffield??

deerlands avenue gets my vote and i drive literally around sheffield every single day

We must have all noticed the state of many roads in and around Sheffield, nothing short of appalling. I had the misfortune to drive over a pothole this morning, it was more like driving down and up a kerb. What's the latest plan, is there funding to improve it, is there a watch list of current danger spots ?

How far up your backside do you currently have your head???

because otherwise you would have noticed the council is currently spending 4 billion quid to resurface every road in the city.

The scheme has been going on for the last couple of years, there have been roadworks all over the place!!

How far up your backside do you currently have your head???

because otherwise you would have noticed the council is currently spending 4 billion quid to resurface every road in the city.

The scheme has been going on for the last couple of years, there have been roadworks all over the place!!

I bow to your superior intelligence ..... to answer your question, it's about 2ft up at the moment and should be another few inches by Easter

It would have been good if they could have prioritized some of the really terrible roads, instead of re-doing loads that were basically fine.

It would have been good if they could have prioritized some of the really terrible roads, instead of re-doing loads that were basically fine.

its probably because a lot of the worst roads are heavy trafficked, so I think they are staggering doing them to minimise disruption.

plus they probably have targets to meet so the easiest roads get done first.

still amey seem to be all over the place.

I bow to your superior intelligence ..... to answer your question, it's about 2ft up at the moment and should be another few inches by Easter

A nice polite and sensible reply mindbending,Why on earth do people like geared have to spoil virtually every topic on the forum with silly remarks?

Priority is the key. They have done all the roads on our estate at Owlthorpe which to be honest was not required and are not frequently used whilst ignoring terrible roads such as Main Street at Hackenthorpe which is shocking and just around the corner. I also went to Chesterfield Rd through Albert Rd, Valley Road and there must be 50-60 deep potholes on each. I can only presume there is a reason why the worst are not getting done first.

Perhaps you could reorganise the resurfacing schedule for them, I'm pretty sure it must be fairly straightforward.

jb

I think with lightly used roads they only have to scrape the old tarmac off and stick some new down, whereas with the bad ones it'll mean redoing the whole road structure which means a lots of digging and rebuilding of the road.